Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: New HK Software  (Read 13472 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
New HK Software
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:53:41 PM »

In all the excitment of Daytona, I forgot to mention that the Techs at the Harley booth said that there will be a software update released next week. They said to check the HD site.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New HK Software
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »

In all the excitment of Daytona, I forgot to mention that the Techs at the Harley booth said that there will be a software update released next week. They said to check the HD site.

Did they say what the gains were supposed to be?

(and if it was any less buggy than the last release?)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »

Did they say what the gains were supposed to be?

(and if it was any less buggy than the last release?)
You sure do want a lot. ::) :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 12:54:59 AM »

I specifically asked them that question and their answer was that they did not know! This was from the same guy that didn't know why my Bluetooth did not work.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:56:25 AM »

I specifically asked them that question and their answer was that they did not know! This was from the same guy that didn't know why my Bluetooth did not work.

That's the kind of technical advice that has to make a guy feel all warm and fuzzy  :oops: .

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

AJ,

Can you give any details? I'm interested in the BT, but want something that works.

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »

AJ,

Can you give any details? I'm interested in the BT, but want something that works.

Chief

Chief, BT is the way to go! You just need to find a phone that is compatible. Do NOT rely on the HD web page! I'll ask a few people this week that have BT phones to see if I can pair and see the phone book. That is the problem. The phone & module will pair but the module says "software not downloadable". That means that the phonebook cannot be displayed on the radio screen. The problem lies in that you now have no way to dial out. Incoming calls are fine and caller ID is dispalyed fine. What I'm doing now is pairing the two, dialing a number from the phone, connecting the bike then putting the phone back in the glove box. The Razor works well but I don't know of any others. I am considering switching carriers to get this working right. Hope this helps, AJ

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:43 AM »

Chief, BT is the way to go! You just need to find a phone that is compatible. Do NOT rely on the HD web page! I'll ask a few people this week that have BT phones to see if I can pair and see the phone book. That is the problem. The phone & module will pair but the module says "software not downloadable". That means that the phonebook cannot be displayed on the radio screen. The problem lies in that you now have no way to dial out. Incoming calls are fine and caller ID is dispalyed fine. What I'm doing now is pairing the two, dialing a number from the phone, connecting the bike then putting the phone back in the glove box. The Razor works well but I don't know of any others. I am considering switching carriers to get this working right. Hope this helps, AJ

OK, just a pairing problem. That's good to hear. Have you tried pairing with the phone in a shirt pocket or other location other than the glove boxes? Mine are in the process of being converted to speaker boxes, so I'm losing that space.

Chief

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:58 AM »

OK, just a pairing problem. That's good to hear. Have you tried pairing with the phone in a shirt pocket or other location other than the glove boxes? Mine are in the process of being converted to speaker boxes, so I'm losing that space.Chief

I have both a Motorola V phone and a Treo 700W.  They both work and I find that although a bit of a hassle they pair best when I chuck them in the tour pak.  I have the stock Bluetooth location.

If it pairs, even without the phonebook, you should be able to use "Number Dial" with the bike's system and it dials through the phone.  Neither of my phonebooks from the phones sync, but I only care about receiving and calling home when I'm on the bike.  I can at least remember my home and work numbers.

Redial also works on my bike with the phones that don't sync the phonebook.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »

I have both a Motorola V phone and a Treo 700W.  They both work and I find that although a bit of a hassle they pair best when I chuck them in the tour pak.  I have the stock Bluetooth location.

If it pairs, even without the phonebook, you should be able to use "Number Dial" with the bike's system and it dials through the phone.  Neither of my phonebooks from the phones sync, but I only care about receiving and calling home when I'm on the bike.  I can at least remember my home and work numbers.

I should have been clearer. Without the TP installed, I would be installing in the fairing. I don't know where I could put the phone to get it closer if it won't pair while being on my body.

Chief

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 11:17:27 AM »

I should have been clearer. Without the TP installed, I would be installing in the fairing. I don't know where I could put the phone to get it closer if it won't pair while being on my body.

Chief

This is why we need a good windshield bag that works with the dash pad.  I always carried my phone and keys etc. in the dash box on my Ultra, but it won't fit well on the SEUC.  Kinda pizzes a guy off that the MoCo can't make a model specific set up for the SEEG/SEUC bikes with the dash pad.

I also find that if i hold the phone near the tour pak and pair it before I launch I can then stuff it in a pocket/etc. and it remains paired.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »

This is why we need a good windshield bag that works with the dash pad.  I always carried my phone and keys etc. in the dash box on my Ultra, but it won't fit well on the SEUC.  Kinda pizzes a guy off that the MoCo can't make a model specific set up for the SEEG/SEUC bikes with the dash pad.

I also find that if i hold the phone near the tour pak and pair it before I launch I can then stuff it in a pocket/etc. and it remains paired.

I totally agree. We've taken a big step backwards in usability with this new bike. Smaller tourpak with more gadgetry to take up space, smaller TP rack and no windshield pouches. I'm not sure how we're going to carry the same amount we used to put on the previous bike.

The lower fairings would help, but I cannabalized them for speakers. That's my fault, maybe I'll make those hot-swappable for long trips when we'd have the TP installed.

Chief

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »

I have version 8.18 but haven't installed it yet. Not sure what has changed.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 03:47:19 PM »

How did you get the new version?
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

I can't really say.  ;)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 09:37:54 PM »

Chief

My BT is in the fairing. I put the antenna on top of the module towards the righthand side. I have no problem pairing at all. I have kept the phone on my belt, in the glove box and even in the TP and not lost the pairing. The only time it comes undone is when I walk away or turn off the bike.

This is the problem!!! As I'm getting older, I'm starting to get Fired00d's disease (CRS). I can't remember anyone's #. That is why I purchased a new Nextel phone to be compatibile. I'll be checking out the razr tomorrow and update.

'HillBilly' did say that the new software version would be v8.19
But this guy may not ... Never mind, my mother told me not to say bad things.

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 11:58:39 PM »

Excuse me? If you have something to say, please say it. I have what I said... others can confirm it as I have 'shared' with personal requests.  >:(

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 01:27:57 AM »

Excuse me? If you have something to say, please say it. I have what I said... others can confirm it as I have 'shared' with personal requests.  >:(

Where's Spiderman.........?   DSP coming soon to your neighborhood.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 01:29:52 AM »

I don't doubt what software version you have. What I am reporting is what an HD employee told me at their "seminar" on the "Harmon Kardon® Radio Accessories" at 11:00 on Wednesday in the Ocean Center. During this seminar which began about forty-five minutes late, this employee whom I did not want to say anything bad about could not tell me why a phone that is listed on the HD web page as being compatible with their Bluetooth Module would not work. He put the blame of incompatibility on the phone carriers. Upon his continuation of his demonstration, he was having a hard time placing a call with his own phone. He continued with this demonstration to show other features of the radio. At this time he then told the crowd of about 6 of us the new radio software would probably be released this week and that the version would be 8.19. Showing his lack of product knowledge, I did not put much value and consideration into what he said about the new software versions release date and further lack of knowledge of features.
'HillBilly' did say that the new software version would be v8.19
But this guy may not ... Never mind, my mother told me not to say bad things.
Posted on: Yesterday at 04:28:22 PMPosted by: coyotedata 

Your apology is accepted in advance.
AJ
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:31:34 AM by hard10 »

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 02:23:11 AM »

Good one AJ!   :2vrolijk_21:   I was out in the shop doin the fairing stuff and  did check into the phonebook thing and  found that my older Motorola(verizon) model 8sixty-somethin? phone book is all there. now the razor dosnt seem to be and its cingular. i have yet to try to dld it. I do know that the ability to scroll thru the phonebook is limited to the buttons on the face of the HK and not avail  to do thru the thumb controls. Now the voice commands of the phones does allow scrolling so ??  i hope the new software corrects this.  Both phones pair at the same time and work all over the bike no matter where they are located in fact they work in a 12 ft radius of the bike.   I see a bit of a miscommunication going on there about info, could be a covalant color-match issue :nixweiss: :coolblue:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 02:35:41 AM »

I'm liking the new map Gene. Adds a little color to your signature.  :2vrolijk_21:

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 02:40:38 AM »

Thanks AJ  I am luckey I havnt quite completed the school for modifying things on here like the  additional pics and signature stuff like Rick James has but i will soon.   :huepfenlol2:  SHHHHHH!!!  its a enigma  code thing!!! :2vrolijk_21: 
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »

AJ,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  :oops:

Keith

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
My 3 pocket works!
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »

I totally agree. We've taken a big step backwards in usability with this new bike. Smaller tourpak with more gadgetry to take up space, smaller TP rack and no windshield pouches. I'm not sure how we're going to carry the same amount we used to put on the previous bike.

The lower fairings would help, but I cannabalized them for speakers. That's my fault, maybe I'll make those hot-swappable for long trips when we'd have the TP installed.

Chief
  My 3 pocket windshield pouch works on my 07 SE. I kept it from my 06UC, and it fit right on the new bike!!!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: My 3 pocket works!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »

My 3 pocket windshield pouch works on my 07 SE. I kept it from my 06UC, and it fit right on the new bike!!!

Did you have to "scrunch" it up much to get it to fit? I made a half-hearted attempt to get mine on, and it just didn't want to go easily, so I gave up. You've inspired me to try again.

Thanks,

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 12:05:49 PM »

AJ,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  :oops:

Keith

Keith, no need to worry.

First, I never welcomed you to the site. Welcome! Second, did you notice any difference in the update? I doubt the HK updated software would have any influnce on the BT. I  would think that software resides in the BT module itself. Most have been using the 8.11 for several months so far and I haven't heard any complinats. I would assume that what ever changes they did may not be visible to the end user. AJ

p.s. That guys name from HD was 'HillBilly' on his name tag. I hope you didn't think I was referring to you.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 12:30:15 PM »

AJ,

Causing trouble everywhere  I look! LOL
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »

AJ, welcome to double secret probation  :2vrolijk_21: .

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »

AJ,

When read your post last night I did think you were refering to me. I should have read more carefully. And thanks for the welcome.

I have been running 8.11 for a while now and haven't had anything to bad going on. I loaded the 8.18 yesterday and honestly I couldn't see any difference. I know some have complained about their radios not coming up in the same mode after a power cycle but I can't say I've see the problem.

I do have a problem when listening to XM. If I shut the bike down and restart it, often the softkey information in the display does not appear. If I change modes, say hit the COM button and back the screen will show correctly. I had my radio replaced for this issue and it didn't fix it so I'm guessing it's a problem with the XM module.

I think you are spot on about the BT. That software is in the module, not the radio.

Again, sorry for my bad assumption.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »

AJ,

When read your post last night I did think you were refering to me. I should have read more carefully. And thanks for the welcome.

I have been running 8.11 for a while now and haven't had anything to bad going on. I loaded the 8.18 yesterday and honestly I couldn't see any difference. I know some have complained about their radios not coming up in the same mode after a power cycle but I can't say I've see the problem.

I do have a problem when listening to XM. If I shut the bike down and restart it, often the softkey information in the display does not appear. If I change modes, say hit the COM button and back the screen will show correctly. I had my radio replaced for this issue and it didn't fix it so I'm guessing it's a problem with the XM module.

I think you are spot on about the BT. That software is in the module, not the radio.

Again, sorry for my bad assumption.

I do have the problem of it not always coming back up where I left it when it gets shut down, so maybe this new rev. is a fix for some of those issues.

AJ...welcome to DSP.  You're in good company.

Coyote...Welcome to the site!!  Newbies can't be put on Double Secret Probation, as that privilege has to be earned, so you're good to go ;D  You will find this site generally very different than most of them on the web...everyone here gets along most of the time, even when discussing touchy subject matter.  Rarely does anyone intentionally flame someone, though Newbies are sometimes harassed just a bit to see what they're made of...seems you've passed the test and you didn't even know you were taking one... ;) 8)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »

What is the link on the HD website for the upgrade. I looked and cannot find it??? :confused5: :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »

BK

• Senior CVO Member

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »

http://www.harley-davidson.com/cp/moar/en/overview.asp

Not a secret DSP only option now.

Verify the software version number is now "ST10v8.19.0" and "TMS320v8.19.0" :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »

Verify the software version number is now "ST10v8.19.0" and "TMS320v8.19.0" :huepfenlol2:

Rog, the secret link through the Harley site is still there.  This "Advanced Audio" site has always been out there separately though.  Apparently me and a couple guys from Albuquerque were the only ones ever to know about it though  :nixweiss: ?

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • A Harley isn't just for Christmas, it's for LIFE!

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

Sorry if I'm being stupid, RJ - what do you mean by that exactly?

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'94 Ford Escort Cosworth, 320BHP & just 19,000 miles, owned since new
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31:48 PM »

Sorry if I'm being stupid, RJ - what do you mean by that exactly?

Jim

Ummmmmm, Jim.... well.... DSP is Double Secret Probation.  It's where some of us end up when we assume the moderators think we've been bad boys.  Silly moderators....

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • A Harley isn't just for Christmas, it's for LIFE!

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »

Ummmmmm, Jim.... well.... DSP is Double Secret Probation.  It's where some of us end up when we assume the moderators think we've been bad boys.  Silly moderators....

;D
'14 FLHTKSE
'94 Ford Escort Cosworth, 320BHP & just 19,000 miles, owned since new
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2007, 01:05:04 PM »

Aside from allowing your radio to operate at "peak performance" does anyone know what problems the update is intended to correct?  Do we really want to be the first kids on the block trying the new upgrade.  Maybe we should let the Vista people try it first   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 05:30:16 PM »

Aside from allowing your radio to operate at "peak performance" does anyone know what problems the update is intended to correct?  Do we really want to be the first kids on the block trying the new upgrade.  Maybe we should let the Vista people try it first   

IR, it's true that a couple of the updates have been noticably buggy.  One in particular was a real pain in the arse causing all kinds of problems.  Fortunately it's no big deal to just reload a prior known to be good revision.  Mine is actually something like two releases back right now.  But it's a good solid release.  Nice and stable without obvious glitches.  So if it ain't broke I'm not fixing it.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 11:35:31 PM »

Well, I got it loaded tonight, but have no idea what changes it made.  I guess I'll find out when I go riding this weekend!  I hope it fixes the issue of it not always going back to where you left it when the ignition switch was cut off then back on a few minutes later.

TTS Mastertune

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:17 PM »

Well, I got it loaded tonight, but have no idea what changes it made.  I guess I'll find out when I go riding this weekend!  I hope it fixes the issue of it not always going back to where you left it when the ignition switch was cut off then back on a few minutes later.

TC, keep us updated on the changes. I won't be able to upload it till Saturday.

Thank you for welcoming  helping me into the DSP club!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »

TC, keep us updated on the changes. I won't be able to upload it till Saturday.

Thank you for welcoming  helping me into the DSP club!!!

You don't need help. You did just fine on your own! ;D Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »

I loaded it too. Not sure what it changed also. I did notice the music title info on a few channels that I did not have before, but that may have been a coincidence since I haven't ridden the bike all winter and those stations may have upgraded. :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »

I loaded it too. Not sure what it changed also. I did notice the music title info on a few channels that I did not have before, but that may have been a coincidence since I haven't ridden the bike all winter and those stations may have upgraded. :nixweiss:

I keep my GPS on the bike and the stereo out jack hooked up to the extra Aux In jack Jim installed on the back of my radio...the radio, after the 8.11 "upgrade" seemed to want to go to Aux evey time the bike was turned back on, no matter the mode it was in previously.  Hope this fixes that quirk, if nothing else.  If not, I'm going back to 8.9

TTS Mastertune

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »

I keep my GPS on the bike and the stereo out jack hooked up to the extra Aux In jack Jim installed on the back of my radio...the radio, after the 8.11 "upgrade" seemed to want to go to Aux evey time the bike was turned back on, no matter the mode it was in previously.  Hope this fixes that quirk, if nothing else.  If not, I'm going back to 8.9

Well did it fix it? Or does it still default back to aux?

I'm wondering if the radio station info has always been there and was just not noticed. I know that on some stations I see it and others I don't.

I also am wondering why the MoCo did not add a 'read me' file to list the changes.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »

Terry, I had the same problem on my '06 whenever I plugged the gps audio cable into the aux input on the HK.  Haven't tried it on my '07.  Can't recall for sure what version my '06 had but think it was ver 8.9.

Real aggravation for sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »

Terry,

I haven't done any upgrades to my HK, and I also leave my GPS on and hooked into the AUX port all the time.  I also have the issue of when I shut down, and power back up, the radio mode goes to AUX, no matter what mode it was in before shut down.  I just figured that by having something plugged into the AUX was some sort of prioity for the radio to recognize.  If you figure out how to remedy this, I sure would be interested.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »

Well did it fix it? Or does it still default back to aux?

I'm wondering if the radio station info has always been there and was just not noticed. I know that on some stations I see it and others I don't.

I also am wondering why the MoCo did not add a 'read me' file to list the changes.

I'll try it out tonight...mine seemed to be inconsistent in the act, but 90% of the time it would go back to Aux.  I'll try and see if it's fixed, or some method to the madness...

TTS Mastertune

Rhino

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

I would be afraid to fix it if it ain't broken. I think HD in their wisdom, has called the new 8.18 version software upgrade, an upgrade. When in reality, after downloading, the piggybacked signals are now sending subliminal messages through to your headsets and speakers, at frequencies only a 5 year old can hear audibly. 

We are still trying to decode.

Rhino

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »

I would be afraid to fix it if it ain't broken. I think HD in their wisdom, has called the new 8.18 version software upgrade, an upgrade. When in reality, after downloading, the piggybacked signals are now sending subliminal messages through to your headsets and speakers, at frequencies only a 5 year old can hear audibly. 

Rhino

Yeah but Rhino, does it make your Jester go faster???

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30:42 PM »

One thing it seems to have fixed, after several cycles of on/off, choosing various modes...XM, CD, FM, AUX...it has so far gone back to the last thing I selected before cycling everything off for a minute or two, then back on.  Further testing will occur this weekend to see if I can notice any differences in anything else...the trick is remembering what it did before... ;)

TTS Mastertune

twincam

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »

Rhino
well I did the download today, must be something sublimnal........ it down loaded to easy unlike the last 2!!!!!!! remember if its to easy something must be wrong!!!!! ::)

Rhino

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »

Yeah but Rhino, does it make your Jester go faster???

I can't imagine how much faster my Jester can go, that is while keeping the front wheel on the ground that is.  The download may only make me think it's going faster.   And no, I have not done any earlier downloads either. That's probably why my Jester IS faster. MOCO remotely trying to enforce EPA rules and all ya know.

Rhino

Rhino

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 12:44:49 AM »

Rhino, I heard you rode a fast (er) Jester yesterday??? Do tell...

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

updated to 8,19

twincam

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »

rode most of the day yesterday, have done the upgrade, no noticeable difference!! ::) ::)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »

I updated from 8.11 to 8.19.  I did notice music titles on FM which may or may not be new and a result of the upgrade.  Never really noticed since I listen to XM exclusively.   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 21 queries.