Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New HK Software  (Read 13562 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: New HK Software
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »

I keep my GPS on the bike and the stereo out jack hooked up to the extra Aux In jack Jim installed on the back of my radio...the radio, after the 8.11 "upgrade" seemed to want to go to Aux evey time the bike was turned back on, no matter the mode it was in previously.  Hope this fixes that quirk, if nothing else.  If not, I'm going back to 8.9

Well did it fix it? Or does it still default back to aux?

I'm wondering if the radio station info has always been there and was just not noticed. I know that on some stations I see it and others I don't.

I also am wondering why the MoCo did not add a 'read me' file to list the changes.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »

I keep my GPS on the bike and the stereo out jack hooked up to the extra Aux In jack Jim installed on the back of my radio...the radio, after the 8.11 "upgrade" seemed to want to go to Aux evey time the bike was turned back on, no matter the mode it was in previously.  Hope this fixes that quirk, if nothing else.  If not, I'm going back to 8.9
Terry, I had the same problem on my '06 whenever I plugged the gps audio cable into the aux input on the HK.  Haven't tried it on my '07.  Can't recall for sure what version my '06 had but think it was ver 8.9.

Real aggravation for sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »

Terry,

I haven't done any upgrades to my HK, and I also leave my GPS on and hooked into the AUX port all the time.  I also have the issue of when I shut down, and power back up, the radio mode goes to AUX, no matter what mode it was in before shut down.  I just figured that by having something plugged into the AUX was some sort of prioity for the radio to recognize.  If you figure out how to remedy this, I sure would be interested.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »

Well did it fix it? Or does it still default back to aux?

I'm wondering if the radio station info has always been there and was just not noticed. I know that on some stations I see it and others I don't.

I also am wondering why the MoCo did not add a 'read me' file to list the changes.

I'll try it out tonight...mine seemed to be inconsistent in the act, but 90% of the time it would go back to Aux.  I'll try and see if it's fixed, or some method to the madness...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rhino

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 09:49:49 PM »

I would be afraid to fix it if it ain't broken. I think HD in their wisdom, has called the new 8.18 version software upgrade, an upgrade. When in reality, after downloading, the piggybacked signals are now sending subliminal messages through to your headsets and speakers, at frequencies only a 5 year old can hear audibly. 

We are still trying to decode.

Rhino

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »

I would be afraid to fix it if it ain't broken. I think HD in their wisdom, has called the new 8.18 version software upgrade, an upgrade. When in reality, after downloading, the piggybacked signals are now sending subliminal messages through to your headsets and speakers, at frequencies only a 5 year old can hear audibly. 

Rhino

Yeah but Rhino, does it make your Jester go faster???

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30:42 PM »

One thing it seems to have fixed, after several cycles of on/off, choosing various modes...XM, CD, FM, AUX...it has so far gone back to the last thing I selected before cycling everything off for a minute or two, then back on.  Further testing will occur this weekend to see if I can notice any differences in anything else...the trick is remembering what it did before... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

twincam

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 10:39:11 PM »

Rhino
well I did the download today, must be something sublimnal........ it down loaded to easy unlike the last 2!!!!!!! remember if its to easy something must be wrong!!!!! ::)

Rhino

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 12:40:15 AM »

Yeah but Rhino, does it make your Jester go faster???

I can't imagine how much faster my Jester can go, that is while keeping the front wheel on the ground that is.  The download may only make me think it's going faster.   And no, I have not done any earlier downloads either. That's probably why my Jester IS faster. MOCO remotely trying to enforce EPA rules and all ya know.

Rhino

Rhino

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 12:44:49 AM »

Rhino, I heard you rode a fast (er) Jester yesterday??? Do tell...

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

updated to 8,19

twincam

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »

rode most of the day yesterday, have done the upgrade, no noticeable difference!! ::) ::)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »

I updated from 8.11 to 8.19.  I did notice music titles on FM which may or may not be new and a result of the upgrade.  Never really noticed since I listen to XM exclusively.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.