Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2014 110 CVO RGU with noisy tappets after replacement  (Read 2356 times)

busarealfast

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: 2014 110 CVO RGU with noisy tappets after replacement
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 08:01:13 PM »

Pay Pal for the Morels?
2009 Ultra CVO Stage 4
Vance & Hines Pro pipe
Thundermax auto tune
Ephesians 2:8

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 09:58:43 AM »

Yes, please PM me.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 12:26:23 PM »

Check your push rod tubes for witness marks. The S&S quickie pushrods have a larger O.D. than the stock ones and often will hit the tubes making a heck of a racket at idle, for some odd reason under power it's not as noticeable. - probably simply because of all the other road and wind noises - If you find the pushrods are hitting the tubes HD sells their version of the Quickies that have the same O.D. as the stock pushrods  -- beware the adjustment of the HD part is different than S&S due to a different thread pitch.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Robert-Head

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »

Godday everyone, apologies for the late reply, usual Xmas break. Went away on bike, ran flawlessly, apart from the noisy tappets.

Oil pressure at idle: cold, 2.2bar, hot 1.4 to 1.6 bar. At highway speed 2.2bar.

I readjusted pushrods to 20 flats, bike runs considerably quieter. No rubbing marks on tubes, no other ofd marks anywhere.

However.
When reassembling i made a real rookie mistake. I forgot to re-attach the throttle
Position sensor and started bike, had idling for a bit, went to lift revs, nothing…… oh bugger. Re-attached throttle position and had to disconnect battery to make the bike recognise the throttle sensor again.

Now, bike runs fine, but go down road and everything electrical stops (as in toral black out) and motor stops.
Dials are all stuck at last position. Turn off ignition, wait anywhere up to ten minutes, bike alarm system beeps, turn on ignition, everything runs, engine starts (no engine light), ride away, same thing happens???????

Just to be sure, i’ve checked battery static voltage, 12.7v. Charging rate at idle 13 to 13.4v. Lift revs to 2.5rpm, charging lifts to a steady 13.8v. However voltage meter on bike is erratic.

Has my rookie mistake with the voltage sensor done something? Not sure how to do a full ecu reset?? (2015 ROAD GLIDE)

Photo below shows gauges after everything blacks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2022, 07:21:23 AM »

Godday everyone, apologies for the late reply, usual Xmas break. Went away on bike, ran flawlessly, apart from the noisy tappets.

Oil pressure at idle: cold, 2.2bar, hot 1.4 to 1.6 bar. At highway speed 2.2bar.

I readjusted pushrods to 20 flats, bike runs considerably quieter. No rubbing marks on tubes, no other ofd marks anywhere.

However.
When reassembling i made a real rookie mistake. I forgot to re-attach the throttle
Position sensor and started bike, had idling for a bit, went to lift revs, nothing…… oh bugger. Re-attached throttle position and had to disconnect battery to make the bike recognise the throttle sensor again.

Now, bike runs fine, but go down road and everything electrical stops (as in toral black out) and motor stops.
Dials are all stuck at last position. Turn off ignition, wait anywhere up to ten minutes, bike alarm system beeps, turn on ignition, everything runs, engine starts (no engine light), ride away, same thing happens???????

Just to be sure, i’ve checked battery static voltage, 12.7v. Charging rate at idle 13 to 13.4v. Lift revs to 2.5rpm, charging lifts to a steady 13.8v. However voltage meter on bike is erratic.

Has my rookie mistake with the voltage sensor done something? Not sure how to do a full ecu reset?? (2015 ROAD GLIDE)

Photo below shows gauges after everything blacks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you're speaking of electrical cable at throttle body, not sure of the other electrical symptoms but I'd suggest the following, can't hurt.

Need to relearn the throttle plate position, there is a sequence you need to do with run/kill switch. I’d start off with taking negative battery cable off after pulling maxi fuse with switch on so alarm don’t go off, leave it off while you have lunch or something. Attach battery cable, put maxi fuse back in. Then flip kill switch to run for ten seconds, flip to off for ten seconds, do this four times, should sync throttle plate up. My 09 has an ignition switch, I'm assuming your bike does not, only a kill switch on bars, the switch below your infotainment is for fork lock?? yes?

Had to do this once to my 09 and it is similar procedure, I hope this helps.
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.