Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: You might be a biker if.......  (Read 2195 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: You might be a biker if.......
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:52:25 AM »

Oh, Mike, that's quite the list, LOL!  Excuse me, but I think I need to go seek some professional help now.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: You might be a biker if.......
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:25:58 AM »

I just about spewed my coffee when I read the "chrome address" one.  A friend of mine sends all his intenet purchases (Hale's H-D, eBay, etc.) to his parents' home 20 miles away to keep his wife from asking him what's in the packages that show up on the doorstep.  And yes, it really is a friend, not me.

Also, my boss when I worked in NC has a dog named Harley.

As for me?  Well, let's just say a lot of the remaining ones I could relate to!  Severaly years ago I rode my motorcycle home from foot surgery - on my shifting foot!  When the surgeon found out after the surgery what my mode of transportation was he freaked and suggested I call someone to come pick me up.  I said, "I live 65 miles away.  No one is gonna drive that far to pick me up and how will I get my bike home?"  It was out-patient surgery with local anesthetic so the foot was almost totally numb which I knew it would be, so no pain.  I had enough feeling in my ankle to know when the transmission notched into the next gear, so off I went.  Made it home with no problems and the ride felt great after going through the 2 1/2 hour procedure.  Stopped and got the pain pills at the local pharmacy and called the nurse back at the hospital when I got home to let her know I made it like she made me promise her I would.

In retrospect, not the best judgement I've ever used but I was young(er) and stupid(er) and thought nothing of it at the time.

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.