Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any problems with your leg fairing vents?  (Read 973 times)

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Any problems with your leg fairing vents?
« on: July 08, 2005, 03:20:20 PM »

Mine seem to like closing themselves when up to speed and in this heat I want all the air my motor can get.  I just had my 1k mile service done and had the dealer adjust the tension, but one of them still closed a couple clicks when I rode home. Is there a way to tighten them more? I took a quick glance and all I can think of doing is maybe installing a washer or some kind of shim if I knew how to take them apart. Removing them is out of the question since they come in handy on chilly nights.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Any problems with your leg fairing vents?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 03:48:31 PM »

You can tighten them and it's easy.  Open the "glove box."  Look inside and you'll see the threaded stud sticking up with a 7/16' nut on it.  I use a 1/4" drive ratchet and a deep socket.  But anything that reaches the nut will get the job done.  Doesn't take much so just give it a 1/3 turn or so and see what the door feels like.

05_Candyman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 03:56:29 PM »

You can tighten them and it's easy.  Open the "glove box."  Look inside and you'll see the threaded stud sticking up with a 7/16' nut on it.  I use a 1/4" drive ratchet and a deep socket.  But anything that reaches the nut will get the job done.  Doesn't take much so just give it a 1/3 turn or so and see what the door feels like.

Thanks alot! Stupid me, I always keep my smokes in one of the "glove boxes" and never even noticed the nut ... I thought you had to do it from underneath. [smiley=confused5.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:17 PM »

Thanks alot! Stupid me, I always keep my smokes in one of the "glove boxes" and never even noticed the nut ... I thought you had to do it from underneath. [smiley=confused5.gif]

No problem Candy.  No demerits for we perceive to be stupid questions.  Thank God for that too or I'd have owed Naitram a lot of money a long time ago  [smiley=thumbsup.gif].  Most important is just be glad it was an easy fix once you found it.  We don't always get that lucky!

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.