Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2006  (Read 177049 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: paint problems
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2005, 11:58:28 AM »

The hazards of text based communication........

No harm, no foul  :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2005, 01:13:14 PM »

Jerry's right, of course  ;D In my dealings with multiple dealerships over the years they're not really able to deal with these sort of subjective, and minute details like paint flaws.They bring in the area representatives, etc. But would be really interesting to hear the conversations between the paint shop, H-D quality control inspectors, and the accountants, etc. It cost them a lot more to fix it than "make it right the first time", not just in $'s, but in public relations. Seems so easy if they'd just try and make the customer happy in first place instead of making it such a battle at times.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 11:32:08 AM »

A Harley is slower, more basic and less technically advanced then most other brands of motorcycles yet, it cost a hell of a lot more. So, why do we pay it? Because of the way it feels to be on one. In fact that is the main thing we are buying; that feeling. Otherwise we would all have faster, better and less expensive BMWs! “If I have to explain, you wouldn’t understand.”  

Well with this milky paint job I feel like I’m on a bike that has been in an accident. Their plan is to rub it out down to the flaw (no telling how little clear coat will be left). Great then I’ll feel like I paid $32,000.00 for a bike that has been fixed after the accident! The dealer agrees 100% with me. So the sad fact is the company that sells the feeling is the one that needs it explained to them! I can’t F%$@#*% believe it! This is my seventh Harley and it may be my last.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2005, 09:26:14 PM »

A Harley is slower, more basic and less technically advanced then most other brands of motorcycles yet, it cost a hell of a lot more. So, why do we pay it? Because of the way it feels to be on one. In fact that is the main thing we are buying; that feeling. Otherwise we would all have faster, better and less expensive BMWs! “If I have to explain, you wouldn’t understand.”  

Well with this milky paint job I feel like I’m on a bike that has been in an accident. Their plan is to rub it out down to the flaw (no telling how little clear coat will be left). Great then I’ll feel like I paid $32,000.00 for a bike that has been fixed after the accident! The dealer agrees 100% with me. So the sad fact is the company that sells the feeling is the one that needs it explained to them! I can’t F%$@#*% believe it! This is my seventh Harley and it may be my last.

Falcon, is the milky effect something that came on over a bit of time or after having set in a hot sun?  Or was it there from day one?  If there from the outset and with it being as noticable as you seem to describe why accept the bike as it was at time of delivery?  Please understand, not trying to be a smart ass here; just trying to understand what's happening?

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 01:18:13 AM »

I was at my dearlership today. My buddy's 06 seuc eg was just delivered. Crimson n Slate. I checked it out in the shop before being prepped. The black and crimson metal flake looked kind of milky coffee colored to me. But he is on a snowmobile trip to Montana for a week... He'll have to be the judge when he gets back. We'll keep you posted on the results

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 08:38:40 AM »

Falcon, is the milky effect something that came on over a bit of time or after having set in a hot sun?  Or was it there from day one?  If there from the outset and with it being as noticable as you seem to describe why accept the bike as it was at time of delivery?  Please understand, not trying to be a smart ass here; just trying to understand what's happening?

That's a fair question. When this bike shows up, 6 weeks late, we notice the bad paint right away. The dealer tells me to not take delivery because it’s easier for him to make a claim if the bike isn’t sold yet. He puts a dealer plate on it and tells me to go demo it. One week and 1000 miles later I bring the bike back because a rep. is coming to look at the paint. The dealer calls me and says the rep came out took pictures says that he never seen one this bad and that he would be calling with the authorization number to order all new paint, except for the lower fairing. So I paid cash for the bike the 1000 mile service and went on my way. To weeks later the rep. starts back stepping. The dealer is more pissed right now then I am.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:53:37 PM by Falcon »

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2005, 10:23:42 AM »

Not very good pics but I think you can see the difference in the two fairings. Other sections of the interfairing are just as bad as the outerfairing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 10:49:17 AM by Falcon »

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »

pic

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2005, 10:34:24 AM »

pic

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2005, 10:45:44 AM »

Wow!  [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif]  It's really noticeable on that first one.  The inner and outer fairing is[/u] supposed to be the same color, right? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

If so, there's an obvious problem there. [smiley=oops.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 11:23:12 AM »

Two weeks later the rep. starts back stepping.

That is unfortunate; and lame.  They've just lured you in to paying for the single most expensive model they sell and then recanted on the promise made to get you to do so.  I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like fraud.  Can't even imagine how pissed off I'd be.

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »

How in the world can they ship these bikes without seeing the paint flaws!! Do they think we'll just deal with it?! It feels like they're playing us for a bunch of dumb a$$es. Would anybody take delivery of a new auto with the same issues?? Hell No!! And they expect us to just take delivery because we waited for months to get our overpriced Harley...I guess we should just except it because we're fortunate to have a cvo bike! NOT!!

Good luck to all of you with these issues. Don't settle until they get it right!

Take Care,

Grover

RedFXR2

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2005, 09:34:54 PM »

How in the world can they ship these bikes without seeing the paint flaws!!

In all likelihood they did see them.

Do they think we'll just deal with it?!

Frankly, yes.  Make it the owner's problem.

Would anybody take delivery of a new auto with the same issues??

No.  But most auto buyers aren't dying to get their new cars that they ordered months ago.  There are too many places to get the same new car that same day.

And they expect us to just take delivery because we waited for months to get our overpriced Harley.

Like I said above, yes.

I guess we should just except it because we're fortunate to have a cvo bike!

I'm betting that's exactly the way the dealer sees it.

Good luck to all of you with these issues. Don't settle until they get it right!

I say the same Good Luck.  And don't ever, ever pay for it until it's as perfect as a premium priced product should be.

I agree with the sentiments stated here.  For the money that these things cost, there's no way I'd accept quality this poor.  Just like the chrome problems many have talked about.  And the way this dealer has handled it would make me a thorn in his side for life.  I hope you stay on him constantly and pursue any avenue necessary.

We've talked before about how amazing it is that so many of love the bikes but have so many negative stories about the dealers that they are purchased through.

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2005, 10:48:08 PM »

Axe, Wolverine HD is stuck between the MoCo and me but they remain straight up and honest.
Right now they are in a stand off with the MoCo because they refuse to send the bike out to be rubbed out.
The MoCo isn’t doing their store any favors by giving a customer the run around and it pisses them off.
So far I’ve been very understanding and reasonable while they do their thing with the MoCo.
I’m going to end up with the kind of bike I paid for it’s just a matter of what road I have to take to get there.

RedFXR2

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2005, 10:07:15 AM »

The more I think about this the madder I get:

The dealer tells me to not take delivery because it’s easier for him to make a claim if the bike isn’t sold yet.

At this point, the dealer is doing fine.

He puts a dealer plate on it and tells me to go demo it. One week and 1000 miles later I bring the bike back because a rep. is coming to look at the paint. The dealer calls me and says the rep came out took pictures says that he never seen one this bad and that he would be calling with the authorization number to order all new paint, except for the lower fairing. So I paid cash for the bike the 1000 mile service and went on my way. Two weeks later the rep. starts back stepping. The dealer is more pissed right now then I am.

I'm glad the dealer is pi$$ed off but IMO, the real question is why did he ever sell you the bike?  Apparently he, himself knew how best to handle the situation (see first quote) but then took your money anyway??  What changed his mind?  When the dealer chose to let you pay for it, he transferred the problem to you.

Nope, the dealer should have never sold the bike.  I don't know what his recourse with the MoCo would be, but he certainly shouldn't have unloaded the problem on the customer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 117

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.