Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Just got a Screaming Eagle 110" Kit for my 2010 96"  (Read 31807 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Upgrading my 2010 Wide Glide 96" to Screaming Eagle 110"
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 08:39:30 AM »

Yep, I've been warned. The CVO 110" engine is a piece of junk and only works properly with a new crank and timken bushing. I should expect to have the engine leak and have general build quality "issues" from day one and I'll be lucky if it survives 1000 miles. Maybe in the four years I have full coverage the shop will be able to get my engine stabile enough so I can at least use it on the weekends for joy rides around the hood as planned.

Honestly I can't imagine why any of you guys knowingly spent $25K + on a bike with such a problematic engine to being with, I mean I know why I'm doing it, but it seems I wasn't informed and if I only knew what you all know then I would avoid Harley 110" engines like the pledge. SO what about the rest of you with CVO 110" why did you do it?

Greg
I didn't... I've got a 103ci and love it. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CQCBlades

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »

I like a challenge!
I get bored very easy!

;)

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

Me too, I guess that explains it - well said!

Greg

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Getting a Screaming Eagle 110" Kit for my 2010 96"
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »

My 07 110 ran fine, my 09 110 runs fine and cost more than 25K.   :huepfenjump3: 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess! ::) ;D ;)

I'm sure you'll be OK with it. Ask him if you can substitue the SE251 cam instead of the 255. That'll help that motor out a lil! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »

I didn't... I've got a 103ci and love it. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I have 2 95"s and 1 103" in addition to the 110.
As I said, I get bored easily.
The 110 certainly has helped that a lot!

;)

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

CQCBlades

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 09:33:27 AM »

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess! ::) ;D ;)

I'm sure you'll be OK with it. Ask him if you can substitue the SE251 cam instead of the 255. That'll help that motor out a lil! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! :coolblue:
I will thanks for the advice.

Greg

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 09:52:04 AM »

"enhancements done" on the 2007 SE-RK and its great.  Nothing major, monster ovals, fuel pak, K&N filter, thats it.

Bought with 3,000 miles so got a good deal in todays economy.  Turns heads, its a 110 CVO, which really I would have a hard time buying new, even the police waive :)  I threw in a 3 year extended warranty, and I intend to ride without stop ...

If 110 is in your heart, your making the right choice.   My own sappy 2 cents.

My Harley dealer also has a self interest in selling me stuf, yet has never misled me.     

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »

I dunno know, but you're sticking with the Harley option due to the available warranty, which is important due to the reliability issues, especially with the 110. Further, you know the take away is a hotter, and less performing motor to boot??

If S&S doesn't have anything, the other guy said Jim's does, that I'm sure has a warrany - no doubt shorter, but will give you tremendously more power, drivability, and has a much better track record regarding reliabily and durability?

I not sure if following the sticking with the less reliable, lower performing option, just because of the warranty, makes sense, when there is a superior option in all regards. Have you checked what Jim's warranty is?  On the other hand, it is more money, but less in the long run, if you do the Harley route and in a year from now realize it's not enough, or worse, is unreliable - even with a warranty.

Just thinking out loud.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

CQCBlades

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »

I dunno know, but you're sticking with the Harley option due to the available warranty, which is important due to the reliability issues, especially with the 110. Further, you know the take away is a hotter, and less performing motor to boot??

If S&S doesn't have anything, the other guy said Jim's does, that I'm sure has a warrany - no doubt shorter, but will give you tremendously more power, drivability, and has a much better track record regarding reliabily and durability?

I not sure if following the sticking with the less reliable, lower performing option, just because of the warranty, makes sense, when there is a superior option in all regards. Have you checked what Jim's warranty is?  On the other hand, it is more money, but less in the long run, if you do the Harley route and in a year from now realize it's not enough, or worse, is unreliable - even with a warranty.

Just thinking out loud.

The warrantee means that for the next four years I don't have to pay anymore $ to get it right and the rest of the bike (tranny, clutch, frame, suspension) is covered. IF I go the other route I'd loose the complete extended warrantee (which I just paid extra for). I'm not considered about getting the most power out of the bike, just getting a boost to the factory 96" which this will accomplish. Also I want to have a completely street legal Harley I can ride into any dealership and have it warranted. I choose to stick with Harley, heck its why I just spent $17K for my new bike ;)

Greg
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:17:44 PM by CQCBlades »

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »

Like I said, your money, your bike.  Just remember, the warranty is what they say it is.  The MOCO has a bad habit of changing the definition of "normal" and "within tolerance".  That's the last I will say.  Or as someone on here is fond of, "Thus endeth the lesson".
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »

I just recently found out that Harley warranty will cover everything BUT the items that are worn out or broken. Good luck with you're new bike. Ride safe have FUN. KB
kb

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

I thought you said earlier, you would keep the 2 year warranty? Also, whether it's a 2 year, 4 year or longer warrany, provided that the modification doesn't directly cause the failure of a covered item - AND it can be proved, that portion of the warranty isn't effected. Meaning the rest of the bike is still covered. Certainly if you blow the motor to Kingdom come and it throws a piston through the gas tank, that's another issue, but thinking you'll loose the entire warrany is not correct.

Bottom-line, I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but it just seems you are basing a decision on some facts that might not be exactly correct. If the dealer is saying that if you touch anything, you loose the entire warranty, ask them what the Magnuson-Moss Act is all about.  They are either grossly misinformed or trying to steer you in their direction with scare tactics. Not saying the HD route isn't a viable alternative, but this voiding the warranty crap is pure nonsense.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:44:10 PM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

CQCBlades

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »

I thought you said earlier, you would keep the 2 year warranty? Also, whether it's a 2 year, 4 year or longer warrany, provided that the modification doesn't directly cause the failure of a covered item item - AND it can be proved, that portion of the warranty isn't effected. Meaning the rest of the bike is still covered. Certainly if you blow the motor to Kingdom come and it throws a piston through the gas tank, that's another issue, but thinking you'll loose the entire warrany is not correct.

Bottom-line, I'm not trying to sell you on anything, but it just seems you are basing a decision on some facts that might not be exactly correct. If the dealer is saying that if you touch anything, you loose the entire warranty, ask them what the Magnuson-Moss Act is all about.  They are either grossly misinformed or trying to steer you in their direction with scare tactics. Not saying the HD route isn't a viable alternative, but this voiding the warranty crap is pure nonsense.

Good luck in whatever decision you make.

I have the two year standard warrantee as well as a two year extended (which I received as part of my purchase), so I'm fully covered for 4 years from date of purchase, this includes all routines service appts, tires, pickup/drop off service, etc. The dealer mentioned that "certain parts of the warrantee would remain" but he said it created "an easy out for factory reps" if you have the engine replaced or upgraded with non-harley parts or even worse parts that were considered "not street legal" on the bike. In any case thank you for the support and all of the advice, as i said I have been warned and have very low expectations for the new build. But I do expect it to work after the "bugs are worked out" by the dealer over the next 4 years, and as I get bored easily it will keep me busy ;)

Thanks guys!
Greg

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Just got a Screaming Eagle 110" Kit for my 2010 96"
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 02:58:10 PM »

As much as I have stopped talking about that piece of crap 110" since trading it in, I have to let you know that I bought the 2007 110" in the first month of production.  If I had seen or heard what I know now, I would not have spent $29K. 

Also, don't be naieve and believe everything a dealer tells you.  Seriously, I've seen them deny any issues when I could see two 110" with heads off in the service area.  When I pursued the lemon law, the HD rep said that I had highly modified the engine and caused the problems, the only mod was V&H pipes.

My advice is cash in the extended warranty, do up the motor correctly and enjoy.  Having a non touring bike without all the electronics, and accessories, I feel the ESP is a waste anyway.  HD will deny coverage for stuff anyway.  Less strees, take ownership and do it right.  Eventually you will, or trade it like me. 
Now I have two bikes with no warranty and it feels great!  Of course one is an EVO!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

CQCBlades

Re: Just got a Screaming Eagle 110" Kit for my 2010 96"
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2009, 03:08:11 PM »

I'm up for the challenge the bike is 100% Harley (exhaust included), brand new with no other work done by anyone, ever. I want to hear what they come up with, it should be entertaining and I will gladly keep track of it here, so we can all get a good laugh. As I've said before I have zero interest in any of the "non harley motors or parts" and I have no plans on working on the bike my self (I have a beautiful wife a two young kids that keep me more then occupied). I was just looking for a bit more power, a completely street legal setup that keeps me completely under warrantee so that they can pick it up and fix it when it breaks (and breaks, and then breaks again according to the folks here).

Thanks,

Greg

As much as I have stopped talking about that piece of crap 110" since trading it in, I have to let you know that I bought the 2007 110" in the first month of production.  If I had seen or heard what I know now, I would not have spent $29K. 

Also, don't be naieve and believe everything a dealer tells you.  Seriously, I've seen them deny any issues when I could see two 110" with heads off in the service area.  When I pursued the lemon law, the HD rep said that I had highly modified the engine and caused the problems, the only mod was V&H pipes.

My advice is cash in the extended warranty, do up the motor correctly and enjoy.  Having a non touring bike without all the electronics, and accessories, I feel the ESP is a waste anyway.  HD will deny coverage for stuff anyway.  Less strees, take ownership and do it right.  Eventually you will, or trade it like me. 
Now I have two bikes with no warranty and it feels great!  Of course one is an EVO!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 24 queries.