Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Touring Seat Options?  (Read 2374 times)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
Touring Seat Options?
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:28:56 PM »

As a "Newbie" to your site I'm thoroughly enjoying your postings and the wide variety of topics currently on the board. I admit I've learned a lot from you guys. I'm not new to H-D having ridden five different H-D models over the past 12 years. I am new to the CVO family though. I picked up my new Haze SEUC last weekend. So far, mild weather has allowed me to experience some of the thrill this great motorcycle has to offer. I'm looking forward to many thousands of happy miles aboard the SEUC.
I do have a question I haven't seen much discussion on. With only a few hundred miles astride this new ride - my butt isn't real happy. The factory SEUC seat is long on Ostrich but short on comfort. I'd like to hear from some of you as to what you've done to remedy the situation. In the past I've opted for Corbin seats and have been very happy with them. Once through the break-in period, a Corbin is hard to beat. I'd like to retain some of the aesthetics the factory seat offers but sure need more support for the backsides.
Let me know what you've done with your "furniture". I'm sure many of you have had the same reaction as I have with the factory SEUC seat.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Touring Seat Options?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »

If you think your stock seat is hard on the buns I'll let you try mines for a couple hundred miles then you will probably appreciate what you have. Seriously though I can't remember anybody mentioning that stock seat on SEUC was uncomfortable.

BTW - If you ever decide to upgrade, and want to get rid of that seat I'm sure you could find a buyer with a SEEG.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:40:57 PM »

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] First off welcome to the site. I think this is a first, there have been several things on the Ultra SE that folks aren't happy with but I don't recall the saddle being one of them. Someone here wasn't happy with back rest. Other than daily around town riding I rode to Daytona from Greensboro, NC and had no complaints. Other than my wifes Heritage I've stuck with the stock saddles but there are lots of folks that swear by Corbin.  [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 11:17:27 PM »

As a "Newbie" to your site I'm thoroughly enjoying your postings and the wide variety of topics currently on the board. I admit I've learned a lot from you guys. I'm not new to H-D having ridden five different H-D models over the past 12 years. I am new to the CVO family though. I picked up my new Haze SEUC last weekend. So far, mild weather has allowed me to experience some of the thrill this great motorcycle has to offer. I'm looking forward to many thousands of happy miles aboard the SEUC.
I do have a question I haven't seen much discussion on. With only a few hundred miles astride this new ride - my butt isn't real happy. The factory SEUC seat is long on Ostrich but short on comfort. I'd like to hear from some of you as to what you've done to remedy the situation. In the past I've opted for Corbin seats and have been very happy with them. Once through the break-in period, a Corbin is hard to beat. I'd like to retain some of the aesthetics the factory seat offers but sure need more support for the backsides.
Let me know what you've done with your "furniture". I'm sure many of you have had the same reaction as I have with the factory SEUC seat.

Well I agree with ya, I ain't got no natural paddin back there so I have to rely on a comfy seat to do it for me.

falcon

• A thing of beauty !
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 09:14:34 PM »

This is all I ever needed on a long day. (Airhawk)
Works well with out of town rentals also.
http://www.shapefitting.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=CRUISERLARGE
By the way the heated seat heats up the air in the cushion and your ass stays nice and warm !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 09:19:17 PM by Falcon »

mav7266

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »

ezrider,

I too am looking at another seat for my black & slate. Not impressed with the stock seat, since I need something that will raise me up, I am 6'4", and back.The info that I found is the corbin touring, Road Zepplin, and the Russell Day Long (custom seat). Also there is a guy in Arkansas (Tom Simmons) that makes seats, but no website and I do not have any info on him.
Ride Safe! Ride hard! Enjoy Life!!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 12:06:23 AM »

mav7266 you might want to check out this website for a custom made seat.They are designed based on your riding posture,weight and of course bike type. I have heard they are very good seats.
Company is Russell Cycle Products Inc. at www.day-long.com they have a phone number of 1-800-432-9566.
I hope this helps you. ;D

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 03:43:14 PM »

I'm with FR8TRN, in cold weather will keep the heated seat.  Plan to change over to my Mustang seat when weather warms up.  Tried lots of seats and for my $ the Mustang is tops.  JMHO. [smiley=drink.gif]

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »

I found that removing the backrest rest made a huge difference for me. But, I have long leg syndrome. Not to mention the added natural padding.
You might give it a try.

DREBBIN

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA # 22419
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 08:02:41 PM »

I am VERY partial to HARTCO seats - fantastic comfort AND worth every penny.  Mustang is next best.  IMHO, DREBBIN
IBA # 22419
SS1K
SS1K

mav7266

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 11:44:56 PM »

VAeagle,

Thanks for the info. I will check out.
Ride Safe! Ride hard! Enjoy Life!!

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 22 queries.