Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Back to HD - Correcting my mistake...  (Read 4307 times)

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
Re: Back to HD - Correcting my mistake...
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »

I'd have to rais the BS flag on HD not covering bearing check after 1000mi...if there's a wobble (safety) problem, the techs have to check all possible causes to find the problem...that includes the bearings.  Had mine done with over 10K on the clock.
Beemer you are right, I question the dealer and they started to tell me that it was a wearable item, that is crap big time!!! I just wanted to get it fix and get out. I ask if they can show me how to do the fix and they told me it was complicated but they want $100 or 1 hour to fix it next time. I will be using a local mechanic and learn the fix for the future. My bike is running great and no problems at all. I do love this bike and do not miss my 1200 GT.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »

Beemer you are right, I question the dealer and they started to tell me that it was a wearable item, that is crap big time!!! I just wanted to get it fix and get out. I ask if they can show me how to do the fix and they told me it was complicated but they want $100 or 1 hour to fix it next time. I will be using a local mechanic and learn the fix for the future. My bike is running great and no problems at all. I do love this bike and do not miss my 1200 GT.

Man-O-man...this really pi$$es me off!  What dealer are you going to?  Did you buy the bike from them?  Even if you didn't, it shouldn't make any difference.   

You need to call HD customer service at (414) 343-4056 and tell them your problem.    They'll in-turn tell the dealer what they need to do.

Did I tell you that this really pi$$es me off? >:( >:( >:(

GMAN SERGU

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »

Man-O-man...this really pi$$es me off!  What dealer are you going to?  Did you buy the bike from them?  Even if you didn't, it shouldn't make any difference.   

You need to call HD customer service at (414) 343-4056 and tell them your problem.    They'll in-turn tell the dealer what they need to do.

Did I tell you that this really pi$$es me off? >:( >:( >:(
They did fix it and did a good job,  the bike runs great but if it needs to be Done again I have to pay them. I talk to the shop manager and he told me that it was HDs policy. .??.? I will use them for guaranty work ONLY I have the maintenance program with them but any other work will use local mechanic. The sales dep was great, the maintenance dep are frenly but customer service in that dep needs more help. I was thinking on doing my upgrades there but will not. You would think that they would take care of costumers that spend so much money in their place. I was disappointed with their response but There is other ways like this site for info for help. Lots of good people here. I do love this bike the only thing I miss from the Beemer is the electric windshield and top end power.  :) after mods power will not be a factor.  ;D

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

Just had dealer fix/adjust neck bearings, 14500 miles on my 09 SERG, no mention of a charge. Told them it had  a wobble and they fixed it, bike was down to 15 days of the original warranty left when they did it as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.