Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2004 SEEG Warranty Input Needed  (Read 761 times)

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
2004 SEEG Warranty Input Needed
« on: May 19, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »

2 year warranty expires in about 2 weeks. I've only had my [smiley=pumpkin.gif] for 2 months and have picked up lotsa  great info here. Searching, I'm putting together THE BIG LIST of warranty stuff: chrome problems, some paint issues, wobble (not much on mine), but I don't know if I found ALL the little chit,  [smiley=cry2.gif]and my eyes are starting to bleed.

Fellow 04 SEEG owners I beseach you, please add to my list of items that can/will/did go bad on your  [smiley=pumpkin.gif]!
ANYTHING!  Dealer promises to be good [smiley=speechless.gif], so anything you can suggest will be greatly appreciated!

Many [smiley=dankk2.gif]in advance!

Garz   [smiley=smoking.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2004 SEEG Warranty Input Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 09:55:55 AM »

I'd suggest buying yourself some piece of mind........an extended warranty......before this one runs out. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

On my 04 SEEG an inner primary leak allowed me the opportunity to switch to a chrome inner primary and the labor was on their dime, I just had to buy the part.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:57:09 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 10:53:06 PM »

I'd suggest buying yourself some piece of mind........an extended warranty......before this one runs out. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

On my 04 SEEG an inner primary leak allowed me the opportunity to switch to a chrome inner primary and the labor was on their dime, I just had to buy the part.

Garz,
I totally agree with JC --get the extended not while you can!! Maybe a little pricey, but it's worth the peace of mind.
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »

Thanks JCZ and MYCVO, good advice.  [size=10](note to self; must check primary closer--possible OCD area.)[/size]
Because of the 'nature' of this bike, I bought the extended warranty right away. My concern is for the stuff that might not be covered.  Chrome is one, and bloody hell if I didn't just find bubbles on my front wheel.  Weren't there 2 weeks ago at detail time.  >:(

Anybody else?
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 06:26:06 PM »

Hey Garz - been meaning to ask this for a while...

What is your background?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

No offence but some of your expressions are quite British old man  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Like your signature using yer instead of you're and then in this post using bloody hell - both very British sounding

Just curious is all

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:32:39 PM »

Hey Garz - been meaning to ask this for a while...

What is your background?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

No offence but some of your expressions are quite British old man  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Like your signature using yer instead of you're and then in this post using bloody hell - both very British sounding

Just curious is all

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave, no offence taken! No Brits in my background. I'm first generation German, born in Ohio. Grew up with lots of German, of course, but I don't speak it well.  I just find language and accents extremely interesting...enchanting, almost. I can't explain it.  Love watching "Are You Being Served", especially the early years.  We have a member in our HOG club from Scotland who I really enjoy talking with (listening, actually). Same with a Kentuck/Tenn/ NC or whatever accent.  The dangdest thing is very shortly I'll start talking like them.  I have a Lithuanian friend and my wife says I'm starting to sound like him.  
You blokes have some terms that just seem to fit.  Bloody hell just fits. It could really be quite a nasty term, but not like saying f#@%*$g cr@&. I like bloody hell.  I say it a lot.  "By the Jesus" is another one, but I think that's New England.

I should probably seek professional help, eh what?  :-?  Have a good'n!

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.