Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR3 Stock Bars  (Read 1684 times)

UP2NFG

FXR3 Stock Bars
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »

Hey guys, I have an FXR3 that the previous owner replaced the stock bars on.  He used a set of drag bars and retained the stock risers. My problem is that the bars can hit the tank if turned to full lock. I wish to retain the top clamp due to the cluster on it and keep the bike reletively stock. I have never ridden an fxr3 with the stock bars. Are they comfortable? Also, where the stock bars are discontinued, would anyone happen to know a bar that is close to the stock bend? I don't want to change cables or extend wires. Sorry to be a pain with all the questions, but I did search the forum and talk to several Harley dealers, but a lot of parts guys don't know what an FXR3 is. I figured you guys would be the best possible resource. Thanks guys, I really appreciate any help. Shaun. Again, sorry about so many questions.

zn14

Re: FXR3 Stock Bars
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

I took the stock bars off our FXR3 and put on 'XLX bars'....basically the same bend as the stock bar but 2 inches wider....
I find them extremely comfortable with the stock pull back risers......you can find these bars in the HD catalogue... they come in black or chrome and I think the last number is -83 or -83T

UP2NFG

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:49:40 AM »

Will the xlx bars fit using the stock cables? If so, that may be a good way for me to go. Or do you have your stock bars and not mind parting with them?

zn14

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »

if I remember right all the stock cables fit but the throttle cables were snug and I eventually changed those....it was quite a few years ago.....

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.