Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thunder max auto tuner  (Read 1278 times)

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
Thunder max auto tuner
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »

Was wondering if anyone has run a thunder max ecm ? Was wondering about tuning the stock one with tts and returning to stock if I need warranty. But if I replace the stock ecm with t max and if I have an issue ie sumping lol replace the ecm to stock untouched and stock exhaust ? Has anyone that has tuned there bike tried to get warranty work done ? Been thinking about doing a full exaust for a while but don’t want to void my esp with all the sumping issues in the air still.

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

Re: Thunder max auto tuner
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »

Never mind I found the other thread with the same questions being asked. Sounds to me like no one knows for sure if they void their warranty with tts until someone has an issue and returns to stock to see if the deeler can see 🤷‍♂️

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:56:26 PM »

Never mind I found the other thread with the same questions being asked. Sounds to me like no one knows for sure if they void their warranty with tts until someone has an issue and returns to stock to see if the deeler can see 🤷‍♂️
When I went through all my sumping issues last spring I had a TTS installed and the dealer flashed it back to stock for me. As I posted up here it got pretty ugly between me and the MoCo and for sure if they could have voided the warranty they would have and dealer told me they were looking for signs of a tune. Obviously I have a great relationship with my dealer so kept quiet when the rep asked them if I had done anything to the bike that I shouldn't have done. Bottom line, as long as you can "flash back" if you have any issues you will be fine with the TTS. Of course issue can be if you are far from home and break down and end up at a unknown dealership. I was at Palm Springs Harley a couple of weeks ago for the first time and just  started chatting with their service mgr and he was telling me about a bike like my new one that they had just finished mods on day before including exhaust and a TTS. I asked him about the warranty and he told me this customer was a good customer of theirs and they told him he would always need to get the bike back to them even if he had to ship it from where ever he was if he broke down and customer agreed to do that. He also said if he gets a bike in from someone he doesn't know with a TTS he would make sure he let that customer know he would need the "box" so he could flash back in case of extreme failure. I thought that was very cool of him! Guess there are some good dealers out there that we don't hear much about..
Alan

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »

If you put the TTS MTE calibration back into the ECM.  The dealership can not tell if was flashed with TTS before.   

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »

That’s good to know I had my cvo rk with full sac exhaust and tts also gmr 113 kit it was a fun bike but I wasn’t worried about warranty with the tc seems half the m8 motors sump so I don’t want to pay for a motor on a new rig.

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 25 queries.