Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Sumping, should the MoCo be looking elsewhere??  (Read 13204 times)

J.D.

Re: Sumping, should the MoCo be looking elsewhere??
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 10:03:41 AM »

If I was looking for a new heavy bike (I'm not), I'd look at the Goldwing or BMW for "high tech" or Indian for "low tech".  All three of these are appealing to me personally more than the 2019 Harleys, all things considered.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »

If I was looking for a new heavy bike (I'm not), I'd look at the Goldwing or BMW for "high tech" or Indian for "low tech".  All three of these are appealing to me personally more than the 2019 Harleys, all things considered.

I have looked at all of the above and test rode. That BMW is super smooth and fast. But none of them stir my soul like a Harley or Indian do.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 10:45:08 AM »

Not sure if you're interested in buying outside your area, but the IM dealer in Savannah offers a lifetime powertrain warranty on every new bike (at no cost) and the warranty work can be performed by IM or an independent shop.  You also should be able to dicker on the price.

HMMM I might just have to consider a road trip. I wonder if the Savannah IM dealer would send me a copy of that warranty and deal over the phone so I could see the fine print before committing to travel that far?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »

Just ran across a term I'm not familiar with.  What exactly is an "IM" dealer?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 12:13:21 PM »

Just ran across a term I'm not familiar with.  What exactly is an "IM" dealer?

Jerry
Indian Motorcycles...I think.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »

No OOPS really! I did not see a single reference to response time, or positive outcomes in the post I responded to. Just correcting the post saying BMW's etc are essentially perfect!

Also, I suppose I could have included the very first response to the OP's post in the BMW thread. I'll include it here to show that BMW does not have a pristine record on response  either!

It's just that every time I take a break from actually riding my bike and pop in here to find threads where a member posts an actual question and two-thirds of the replies a just pounding on Moco. No wonder this forum has lost it's luster to new members. Who wants to buy their dream bike and go read how big of a POS it is! Most just go ride their bike rather than live on this site crying like babies day after day! :)

Bike to riding for me! Have fun!
Thats just the point the one of us that have experienced such a disaster can’t ride the POS’ because they are in the shop most of the riding seasons. If no one keeps posting their opinions of such a shoody business practices then Harley will keep ripping people off. They are true scums of the earth from top to bottom including internal employees as well as most dealers. And that’s a fact.
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »

Indian Motorcycles...I think.

Thanks.  There are way to many abbreviations and acronyms these days for my feeble old mind to keep up with.  All I could come up with for IM was instant messaging, and of course that made no sense at all. ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 03:32:56 PM »

I did another quick "BMW engine problems" search and go figure I found essentially the same kind of typical internet complaints by "owners" of BMW as appear here on this site. I'm not going to post all those here. Besides even if there are fewer BMW complaints online than HD complaints online what does that prove? Maybe it could simply be BMW riders as a group cry less than HD riders as a group?? :)

My point is simply this... anything with tits or tires is going to cost you! Hopefully you don't let that cost keep you from getting the most out of each and enjoy them along the way! Life's too short. Why spend it online sniveling? Everyone here has a choice! Make it and move on for god's sake.
Yeah but it’s the fact Harley is producing pure junk and not cooperating with the issues customers are having. If I wanted a bike made from all Chinese parts and assembled here in America I would consider buying an Asian bike that is actually reliable and doesn’t cost $45k, which I have had three $45k  m8 bikes since their introduction and lost my ass on everyone of those sumping POS’. Got rid of them all and will not consider another Harley if my life depended on it. And this attitude is based on how corporate responded and handled all three situations. True scum of the earth from top to bottom. Never again bro.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »

Thanks.  There are way to many abbreviations and acronyms these days for my feeble old mind to keep up with.  All I could come up with for IM was instant messaging, and of course that made no sense at all. ;D

Jerry

Sorry Jerry I should have spelled it out. Especially considering the first time I saw it over on Indian motorcycles.net I didn’t have a clue what it was either. Looked into the free lifetime power train warranty and you can’t perform any maintenance yourself. Not even oil changes. You have to go back to either the selling dealer or and approved licensed shop of the warranty companies choosing. So if you rack up miles like some of us, my 2013 CVO Road King has right at 60,000 miles, not being able to do your own oil changes could get pretty expensive to keep the warranty intact. Not to mention brake fluid and fork oil changes.

Sorry I did not intend to hijack a thread back to the sumping issues now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:02:22 PM by T-Roy »

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »

Yeah but it’s the fact Harley is producing pure junk and not cooperating with the issues customers are having. If I wanted a bike made from all Chinese parts and assembled here in America I would consider buying an Asian bike that is actually reliable and doesn’t cost $45k, which I have had three $45k  m8 bikes since their introduction and lost my ass on everyone of those sumping POS’. Got rid of them all and will not consider another Harley if my life depended on it. And this attitude is based on how corporate responded and handled all three situations. True scum of the earth from top to bottom. Never again bro.
You didn't learn nothing from the first kick of the mule???
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

mark

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 09:40:02 PM »

HMMM I might just have to consider a road trip. I wonder if the Savannah IM dealer would send me a copy of that warranty and deal over the phone so I could see the fine print before committing to travel that far?

Im sending you a private message

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2018, 09:51:54 PM »

You didn't learn nothing from the first kick of the mule???
Unfortunately not. Especially when I got suckered on the 17’s, then they said they fixed them on the 18’s and now the huge cover up by them saying everything is fixed on the 19’s. They are a bunch of lying ass scum bags that could care less as long as they keep selling these bikes made of Chinese parts. The art of deception. They are the master of it.

J.D.

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »

Yes, I've asked at the local dealer, both service and sales, if they've seen sumping M8s, compensator failures, lifter failures, etc.  All the issues that are becoming common discussion topics here.  "Nope."

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »

Sad to hear about someone trying to keep buying their way out of the Moco's issues. I am glad I stopped buying with my 07 which has been pretty reliable since taking out the 110 and after rebuild of the 131. Most of all I am glad I kept my old 96 WG with a EVO motor that has never let me down over the years. I can even see how much better the chrome parts are whether they be HD chrome or even the Kury chrome is better than what is on my 07. Also the Corbin seat is way better condition than the Corbin on my 07. Seems not only HD quality has deteriated.

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »

Not sure if you're interested in buying outside your area, but the IM dealer in Savannah offers a lifetime powertrain warranty on every new bike (at no cost) and the warranty work can be performed by IM or an independent shop.  You also should be able to dicker on the price.
Friendship of Bristol Indian (VA) offers lifetime warranty on there engines and drivetrain and you can do your own service work, just keep the receipts of the oils and filters you buy. Now thats a good deal there !!
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.