Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kury Crusher with headers vs using Vance & Hines headers  (Read 1438 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Kury Crusher with headers vs using Vance & Hines headers
« on: March 18, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »

I'm about to start ordering the parts to complete the bike with the brand new S&S 124.  I had the Bassani Road Rage on the older 124" and while some like the sound I don't really care for it.  With all the guys installing the S&S crate 124" allot of owners are using the Kuryakin Crusher or Crusher Mellows cans with the Vance & Hines headers with good results.  I was wondering what the difference was between using the Kury Headers vs the Vance headers.  I have the 08 so I had to purchase the 09 oil pan for clearance and now I'm trying to find info on drilling the tranny right above the back of the oil pan for the bracket.  The job doesn't look difficult but I can't find out how much meat is available to drill & tap the 1/4 X20 bolts.  I guess I can remove the oil pan and measure the thickness.  It's not like I do this every day, so info for the conversion is not that easy to get.  Sure wish I had the 09.   

remington007

Re: Kury Crusher with headers vs using Vance & Hines headers
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »

I assume you are referring to the power duals? They are basically the same except for the center heat shield.
I drilled and tapped a 08 awhile ago. There was not much depth to install bolts like a 09. So i used studs instead,
been that way for 2 seasons now. (I put a 124LC in that bike with V&H head pipe and crusher mellows)

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »

VH makes Kury's exhaust.  Same, same on header pipe. 

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:07:42 PM »

The V&H powercell head pipe doesn't have 02 bungs  >:( like the ones they make for Kury. I was told that they're working on releasing the latest model with the bungs.
John

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »

Really appreciate the replies.  I'm hoping that the ground clearance won't be an issue.  I had Mike Roland look at my bike at Laconia last year @ the Kury booth and he told me since I just replaced the floorboard supports and the small piece to the True Track that I should go with the True Duals for the clearance but the power delivery was not the same.  I'll just be more careful. 

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.