Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: SESG Dyno Results  (Read 21937 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: SESG Dyno Results
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »

JCZ, I'm not a tech or motorhead but have a very good friend who is.  Basically, using a lower smoothing number (4 instead of 5) may allow a slightly higher peak number that would otherewise be lost using the greater smoothing provided by the higher smoothing number; one or two hp/tq.  STD as a correction factor typically yields higher hp and tq than SAE.  Can't be exact on the difference but somewhere around 3% +/-.

Carl

If that's true......it's as I suspected.  Slight of hand on the dyno to make it look better than it truely is, to the casual observer. 

Doc, you'd not be the first one to travel up from So Cal to have Bob dyno tune their bike.  Might be worth the trip when you get home. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2011, 04:04:53 AM »

That's some good intel gentlemen, thank you. JCZ...what do you think I'm lookin' at $OTD for the cam work and Dyno?
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2011, 07:06:23 AM »

That's some good intel gentlemen, thank you. JCZ...what do you think I'm lookin' at $OTD for the cam work and Dyno?

Give Jim (hd-dude on this forum) is who you want to talk to.  He's the one that did all the work on mine and Terrie's bikes (and most of the other Nor Cal members bikes).  He'll do the work and get you dyno tuned and all.....in one package. :2vrolijk_21:

Metal Dragon
22336 Meekland Ave
Hayward, CA 94541
510-885-9471
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »

Thanks for the info...I'll definitely be making contact with Jim.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Dryer

• Junior CVO Member
2011 SESG Dyno results
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »

I dropped my Kryptonite bike off last night at my tuners to have him tune it.  This is on my bike with Vance and Hines Power duals with Rinehart 4" slip ons and a Power Commander V.   He said he was pretty happy with how it turned out.  He said that it was pretty lean!

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
2012 SESG Baseline Dyno Run
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

Here is the dyno run for my 2012 SESG. It has bone stock running gear with 1225 miles on it.
I'll post the follow on dyno run after I put fuelmoto header pipe, 4 1/2" tuned muffler's and a Power Vision EFI controller on it.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »

I'll try adding a jpeg picture of the dyno sheet this time.
With luck it will show up fine!
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

ibemployed

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »

Give Jim (hd-dude on this forum) is who you want to talk to.  He's the one that did all the work on mine and Terrie's bikes (and most of the other Nor Cal members bikes).  He'll do the work and get you dyno tuned and all.....in one package. :2vrolijk_21:

Metal Dragon
22336 Meekland Ave
Hayward, CA 94541
510-885-9471

:-\

I compared my 12' SESG to my 08' goldwing and was a little disappointed with the power of the SG.  Does the SG perform better after the break in period?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »

I'll try adding a jpeg picture of the dyno sheet this time.
With luck it will show up fine!

That's a pretty rough graph there.....was that before the tune?

Where's the A/F graph?

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »

I compared my 12' SESG to my 08' goldwing and was a little disappointed with the power of the SG.  Does the SG perform better after the break in period?

A bit.  You do know the HDs are detuned from the factory (to meet EPA standards) don't you?  You have to get them breathing.....get em tuned to run right.  Then it's a huge difference.

West Coast GTG   

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

Apples to Kiwi Fruit...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »

I don't like Kiwi Fruit..... Just sayin...

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »

JCZ,
This run was just a baseline of my stock running bike. I didn't ask for nor receive an A/F graph on the print out.
This was a winter special for $25 bring your bike and see what it puts out; no frills and no extra work I guess. They are planting a seed to make me 'need' another dyno run and extra dyno/tech time to tweak out the best performance.
I'll be more interested in the complete picture when I put the exhaust and power vision tuner on in a few months when my wallet cools off a little  :coolblue:. (This will be the first stage of development for the bike)
Then there will be a follow on dyno run when I go into the motor and change the pistons, cams and maybe do the heads (Second stage of development)
I wish I could do it all at once but can't. I just bought a tour-pak and all the goodies that go with it, matching passengar footboards, and highway peg mounts.
Plus I have to have enough cash to ride out west in late June to early July. So many things to do with a finite amount of disposable income. ;D

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:26 PM »

hbens,

Like everybody always says, the Dyno is more of a tuning tool than anything else. I have Fullsac head pipe and cores, Fueling cams, TTS tuner, and I came in the same torque as you.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »

hbens...that Dyno run was on a completely stock bike?  Not trying to be contentious, but there's no way in hell a stock bike is putting out 116 TQ at the rear wheel.  I'd say the dealer had a "happy" dyno.  Stock numbers are more in the 80's on HP and very low 100's for TQ (if that).  Add something like the Fullsac X pipe, 2" baffles, and TTS Mastertune, for <$1100 if you do it yourself, and the numbers will go up to the mid 90's HP, and 110 TQ, plus or minus a tad, depending on the Dyno, environmental conditions when the run was done, etc.  A noticeable improvement in power and drivability over the stock configuration.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 20 queries.