Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin' EagleĀ® Road GlideĀ®

Old (Really Old) Road Glide Got a Little More Love (and new brakes)

<< < (3/5) > >>

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: CVODON on June 24, 2017, 09:37:52 PM ---The calipers look very good and I have wanted a set of those rotors for a long time. Just to cheap. Good job!

--- End quote ---

I lucked out on the rotors.  A guy I know here locally bought them quite awhile ago.  Ran them for two weeks and didn't like how they "behaved" when coming to a stop.  Of course how they behaved was exactly how they were supposed to.  Slightly different feel and definitely a different noise.  He pulled them off and they've been sitting since.

Then a few weeks ago he asked for some help working on his Road Glide.  I spent the better part of a rainy weekend farting around in my shop messing with his bike.  Payment was the rotors  :pineapple: .

Twolanerider:
Think I screwed up with the new brakes on the Road Glide.  The rotor and caliper package now arguably (ok... really) is better looking than the brake package on the Road King.  That could piss the Road King off.

I know better than to make either think I'm playing favorites.  The Road King has never yet found reason to act like a bitch.  Yet.  If she notices I'll come home soon from a ride and, just sitting there alone, she'll have puked out a piston or something.  I'm a little afraid now.

TN:
The attention to detail is a good thing. May I leave my bike with ya for awhile?

TN

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: TN on August 13, 2017, 08:26:48 AM ---The attention to detail is a good thing. May I leave my bike with ya for awhile?

TN

--- End quote ---

Sure you can. It wouldn't be the first fight to come visit here and it won't be the last.

Have a rear caliper bracket and spacer at powder coaters right now getting done to match the front. It will replace the black one that is currently installed.

aclass:
nicely done twolane! :2vrolijk_21:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version