Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Injection  (Read 3151 times)

starvin

Fuel Injection
« on: November 21, 2003, 09:46:24 AM »

I just got 250miles on now and still have the backfire while decelerating, dealer took it for a ride and said it is caused by a lean condition. I have the screamin eagle pipes, stage 1 air cleaner and the HD recalibration that he recommended. I'm going to try one of the following either techlusion TFI ($220), power commander ($350) or harley race tuner ($460). I don't want something i have to be adjusting all the time. I had the TFI on my old bike and it seemed to work O.K. dealer said the backfire isn't hurting anything but I don't think its right. Anyone else have these problems, what have you guys used for your fuel injection. Looks like I got the last ride of the year yesterday so I got all winter to decide.  

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Fuel Injection
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 10:20:53 AM »

what calabration was used. i dont see any specific to the SE Electra Glide yet? the closest i see is

32926-03A:

Screamin' Eagle
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

starvin

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 10:41:01 AM »

I don't see a part number for the calibration it just says 103 CI Stage 1 Race (2003 FLHRSEI or 2004 FLHTCSE) its on page 442, I was wondering if there is any way to check to make sure the calibration went in right. If its just a computer program is it possible for them to make a mistake downloading it. Of course the dealer says no.
Thanks for the info.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 10:03:01 PM »

I don't see a part number for the calibration it just says 103 CI Stage 1 Race (2003 FLHRSEI or 2004 FLHTCSE) its on page 442, I was wondering if there is any way to check to make sure the calibration went in right. If its just a computer program is it possible for them to make a mistake downloading it. Of course the dealer says no.
 Thanks for the info.

Is that the same dealer that told you a lean condition doesn't hurt anything?  You may need to scout out another shop.  If your dealership isn't set up for it, I'd suggest finding a shop that is set up for dyno tuning (make sure that they're reading air/fuel mixture, too....and not just HP and torque).  It's well worth the money and peace of mind that your bike is running at it's peak performance and really isn't causing ANY damage.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bostonut

• Junior CVO Member
  • feelin satisfied
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 08:38:54 PM »

Mine pops sometimes also, I have the SE air cleaner, stage 2 pipes, and the 32926-03A  upgrade. Left pipe burns white, right pipe burns a bit darker......
other toys

1969 Firebird 400 conv.
1974 455 Firebird Formula
1977 CanAm
1989 20th anniv. Turbo Trans Am

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 11:03:55 PM »

I have a Power Commander on my bike. It was tuned by a Dynojet facilty here in town. I have never had popping on deceleration. I have never had blue pipes. The plugs look perfect as far as I can tell. I've made some performance mods to the motor. (See the dyno sheet) http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181;start=120#120

I only post this to let you guys know that the conditions you have SHOULD be overcome. The service manager at Reno HD is a guy name Chaz O'neill. He races AHFRA top fuel. He says that generally, all the factory maps are lean, but there must be a particular point where the curve is so lean that the poppong occurs.

I have said this before on this site, and apologize if it's getting old, but unless a facility can adjust air/fuel, UNDER LOAD AT SPECIFIC THROTTLE POSITIONS, they can't map a bike properly to the exact equipment on that bike. One more thing, Call Brad Yuill, Freedom Cycle, Reno, NV 775-848-8600. This is not a commercial. Just talk to him about your bike. I guarantee he can help fix your problems. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.