Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: CD/radio question  (Read 6978 times)

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
CD/radio question
« on: March 15, 2004, 09:28:49 AM »

I'm wondering if any of you are having a similar problem with your stereo. When I hit about 3700 RPM the CD player shuts completely off. If I accelerate fairly hard the stereo shuts off regardless if it's the CD player or radio. In either case it will power back up on it's own but sometimes the CD will cut in and out afterwards. If I eject the CD then reload it, it will play fine until I accelerate hard again. This sux! If this is how the stereo is supposed to work I'd just as soon not have it at all!!!
[smiley=furious2.gif]

Mark

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: CD/radio question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:31:07 AM »

Uh......no.

I can't think that it would be designed to do that.  Take it back!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 12:28:58 PM »

No problems here, either, but over on the Electra Glide Garage site not too long ago, there was a guy talking about the player in his Ultra or Classic (can't remember which) skipping.  Everybody else was basically saying they had no issues with theirs.  Like everything else that is mass produced, there are probably a few out there that will have problems.  No matter what, I would get it checked out.  No way it should be doing that!

re-tread

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 01:34:08 PM »

Yes, I have the same problem. When you really get on the throttle. The CD turns off. Probably a protection feature, because it does come on again after a minute  [smiley=7.gif]and seems to play fine.
I remember when the portable CD players first came out this same thing happened when you hit a bump
SE air box
Reinharts
Race Tuner

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 04:16:09 PM »

Although I've only put a little over 400 miles on my SEEG,  I've revved up to 4K several times with no CD or radio problems. For what we've paid for these fantastics machines, anything but perfect would be unacceptable.

Good luck on finding the problem!!!

Benerag
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 07:01:39 PM »

Since I just cleared the first 500 miles, I felt comfortable winding it up today...

..my radio did not have the symptoms you described.

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2004, 08:08:35 PM »

1800 miles went to san fran monday night with jcz . disk i was playing skiped& quit working for 5 miles 3400rpm ,thought it was my disk until i read
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 08:10:28 PM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Benerag

• SEEGs Rule
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 01:04:18 AM »

Would make one last suggestion.  Check to see if the disc that's giving you problems is a factory distributed CD or a home-burned CD.  The CD problem made be a "quality" issue, especially if factory CDs give you no problems.  Still can't explain the radio issue.

Benerag
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide
01 Ford Lightning

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 08:41:28 AM »

This don't sound good, has anybody taken there bike in for this yet?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

rturn2mow

• HOG
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 09:46:45 PM »

I have an '04 Ultra that I hit very hard on the throttle and it has never done that, CD or radio. I would take it in. I would of just blamed a skipping CD but since you say the radio also cuts out, there is probably a loose wire or something.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

teresam

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2004, 10:47:17 AM »

Hello,

I work for Radio Sound, INC. who is the supplier of the radio. The situation you describe with your CD player is not typical and not how it is designed to operate. There could be a wiring problem on the bike or an internal problem in the radio.

I would recommend that you take your bike to your local dealer for diagnosis.  If your bike is under factory warranty, we can ship a replacement radio to the dealership with in 24 hours.  If you have any additional questions, you may contact us at 1-800-367-4506.   Thanks, Teresa    

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 02:36:42 PM »

Hey Teresa, you might know the answer to my question. I was looking throught the manual trying to figure out which wire was the power lead on the FLHTCSE Radio. The manual does not have this radio in it. Do you know which one is the power lead or at least which pin it is on your connection on the rear of the radio?? [smiley=confused.gif]

teresam

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2004, 03:08:07 PM »

I have the Pin out for the Black Connector which runs the main radio.

Pin 10 is Battery Voltage r/o
Pin 11 is Ground       bk/gn
Pin 12  is 12 volt ignition o/be
Pin 19 is Ground bk/gn
Pin 20 Battery voltage r/o  

There is power on the grey connector which runs the ESS power amp in this particular radio. Unfortunately, I do not have the whole pin out.    Though the wire colors should be the same.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2004, 05:31:34 PM »

I have the Pin out for the Black Connector which runs the main radio.

Pin 10 is Battery Voltage r/o
Pin 11 is Ground
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MoHarleyRider

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2004, 05:51:26 PM »

Ive had my SEEG back to the dealer 3 times now, still the same problem, riding along, and goes down to nothing--sometimes it will raise back up--other times you have to play with the volume control and maybe it will come back--and maybe not. Its aggrivating as hell, im taking it back one more time. If the problem is not repaired---im prepared to take a beating and go to a goldwing,>>joke<<. Also had horn troubles,--dealer claimed the rubber boot over the contact spadehad made it loose connection. [smiley=brood.gif] [smiley=furious.gif]
04-SEEG   SE- slash cuts  K&N air box   chrome switches  luggage rack  road king seat  big windshield  hot toppers

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 06:07:42 PM »

I have noticed a little cut out on the cd side, but was playing a burned cd with a few scratches on it. I will try and get my Dakota Digital antenna hooked up tonight and see if mine will do it on the radio side, or with a good CD. What is the horn for. You honking at chicks or animals in the road? I don't think I have ever used mine. Maybe I oughta see if that works tonight.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2004, 06:09:42 PM »

By the way Teresa, Thanks for the info, I owe ya one! [smiley=drink.gif]

teresam

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2004, 09:40:12 AM »

MoHarleyRider,

You may have a pinched handle bar control, especially if you have chrome housings on the controls. There are a lot of wires in very little space.  Your Audio functions share a common wire of pink/White. Audio (+) is Green/blue, Audio (-) is grey/green, Audio (IN)  is brown/black.  I suspect one of these lines.  

When the problem occurs, you can put the radio into diagnositic mode by pressing any 2 buttons on the front of the radio while turning the bike to ignition or accesory.  You should see five ones in the upper display; I'm guessing that you will see a zero in one of the bits.   Unfortunately, this data is not historical so it only works when the problem occurs.      Good Luck!  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2004, 11:52:45 AM »

MoHarleyRider,

You may have a pinched handle bar control, especially if you have chrome housings on the controls. There are a lot of wires in very little space.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2004, 01:19:51 PM »

I think this guy is going to be a valuable asset around here. [smiley=laugh.gif]

hey JC i thgink that "guy" is a "girl"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 11:09:24 AM »

Well...Teresa as a technically savvy woman is more than welcome anytime around here as far as I'm concerned...Thanks for the great info!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 05:01:26 PM »

hey JC i thgink that "guy" is a "girl"

O.K. I stand to be corrected and I apolagize.  I promise to try to pay closer attention but yer honor I have a defense!  I'm gettin old. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:02:52 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 05:01:55 PM »

Hello,

I work for Radio Sound, INC. who is the supplier of the radio. The situation you describe with your CD player is not typical and not how it is designed to operate. There could be a wiring problem on the bike or an internal problem in the radio.

I would recommend that you take your bike to your local dealer for diagnosis.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:02:55 PM by naitram »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 05:06:07 PM »

[smiley=laugh.gif]Yer just to fast for me Naitram.  Read my post above.  I think it's the begining of altzhamiers disease. [smiley=laugh.gif]

West Coast GTG   

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 07:32:51 PM »

as long as you dont forget how to login to FLHRSEI.ORG i wouldnt get toooo concerend [smiley=2vrolijk_02.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_02.gif]

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.