Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Author Topic: The Orange Eagle Has Arrived!  (Read 20855 times)

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
The Orange Eagle Has Arrived!
« on: March 30, 2004, 10:17:19 AM »

I went yesterday and picked up the bike. Didos to all who are in love with the machine. Staying under 80 mph is a chore. Took back roads home just to try and keep the speed down. Have ordered the chopped tour pak, D-D performance exhaust, race tuner, 8" windshield, vents and such. All loose parts are coming and some have arrived and will post pictures as the changes are made.

Had a comical conversation with the wife when she first saw it. She has never liked the Bat Wing fairings on the glides, I however have loved them. She briefly looked at the bikes in literature and said whatever. Yesterday she dropped me off to pick it up and ride it home. She took one look and said, "That's a lot of orange, I have that sick feeling in my stomach, like when you first hold your child after child birth and you think he may be ugly!" We laughed most of the way home about it, by the time we arrived it was starting to grow on her. Just like the kids!

Yesterday the ride home was about 60 miles, 20 of it in the 40's and raining. Better than today, thirty's and chance of snow. However, it's just nice to have the bike home. Did ride to work today. It's everything I thought it would be and more! Hopefully this will work, I have posted all the photos at
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=12&uid=2068781&gid=4012354&

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: The Orange Eagle Has Arrived!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 01:55:35 PM »

Rugby congratulations again, on the new ride.  Thanks, also, for posting the flicks.  That's a nice looking bike, for sure!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 02:15:22 PM »

picture trail works good (i gotta learn how to do that). nice bike [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 02:43:21 PM »

Rugby,
Contratulations on your new arrival. She's beautiful. [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 02:49:21 PM »

Thanks for the pics, it's beautiful, I was told mine is arriving at the dealer May 1 and now I can't wait to get it!!!
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 03:36:55 PM »

I think I can see your reflection smiling in the chrome.  Have you named the new baby yet?

Black Dog
2004 FLHTCSE

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 03:53:35 PM »

The wife had some real sarcastic names for it yesterday, I should have wrote them down. I finally just told her to shut up, which does not happen often. I had to watch how much I said, she had no idea the kind of $ we were talking until the dealer went over the paperwork. Oh well, I survived. She did sit on the passenger seat and said, Holy *$%! this seat sucks. So I suppose I will have to do something there sooner or later. Need to take care of the performance things first though.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 04:04:46 PM by rugbyprop »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 06:47:18 PM »

The wife had some real sarcastic names for it yesterday, I should have wrote them down. I finally just told her to shut up, which does not happen often. I had to watch how much I said, she had no idea the kind of $ we were talking until the dealer went over the paperwork. Oh well, I survived. She did sit on the passenger seat and said, Holy *$%! this seat sucks. So I suppose I will have to do something there sooner or later. Need to take care of the performance things first though.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 07:32:07 AM »

Rugbyprop you are indeed a brave soul, not telling her not sure I could pull that one off.  Nice ride for sure mine gets built today.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Skooby

• Full CVO Member
  • Have you kicked your tires lately?
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 07:50:33 AM »

rugbyprop... congrats bud.... the colors are sharp!  My wife had a problem with sticker shock but in time, she got over it.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
'03 FLHRSEI2

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 08:14:42 AM »

When it came time to do the paperwork, I left my wife at home. [smiley=laugh.gif]  I thought that's what we're supposed to do? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Jackhd

• Full CVO Member
  • many happy miles ahead
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2004, 08:38:29 PM »

HEY guyS  I pick up the orange spruce tommorrow at noon!  Wont sleep tonight
Having chrome brake calipers put on also so the whole front end will be chrome.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] half hour drive home temp in the 50s   looking forward to riding it.  Jackhd

I

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2004, 08:28:19 AM »

Right on happy for you   [smiley=1syellow1.gif] (jealous as hell) mine shipped yesterday.  now I just sit and wait for it to arrive.   [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2004, 09:28:41 AM »

ARRIVED YESTERDAY MORNING........................................................................................

BLACK DOG
2004 FLHTCSE

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2004, 09:39:17 AM »

Gotta love it! looks great. Enjoy the ride home.  [smiley=bigok.gif]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.