Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Re: I'm Hooked!!!  (Read 2701 times)

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
Re: I'm Hooked!!!
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:47:20 AM »

I'm not sure where Hemet is but I know you have some dealers near that sell at MSRP. When I decided this is the bike I wanted, I found 3 dealers that sell at MSRP.
Vallejo HD, Fremont HD, and Sacramento HD,

I gave them all a deposit and waited for the call. It took a couple of months but got the call before Xmas. The other 2 gave me my deposit back without any problem.

If all else fails Ebay has had a couple of the Cobalt Blue ones listed at a fair price. I'm sure the Orange ones will follow. Just my $02 worth.

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 10:29:50 AM »

Hang in there 1034me. You have to haggle with some of these guys for weeks sometimes for months but if you hang in there you'll find something. I took me 3 mos to get my 03serk at a decent price. Good hunting! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

1034ME

• Gotta have one!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 10:34:40 AM »

Thanks for the replys. Good Info Kingsalmon & GB.  I have the Wing for sale and when I have cash in hand the search will begin.

I did call a couple of dealers out of state and they are at MSRP, but,  I don't know the consequences of buying a non CA bike and trying to register it here.

I'll check with the DMV and find out for sure.  Maybe a trip to AZ and a break in ride home would be worth the trip.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.  Sure seems like a good group here!!!
Ride Safe so you can ride again!!!!

Dale

gb

• Full CVO Member
  • Love the open road.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 10:10:32 PM »

Careful with the AZ guys. Had a buddy of mine buy his Ultra from a dealer in Phoenix, but they would not sell it to him because he was from Texas. He had a friend of his who lives in Tuscon buy it, and then turn around and sell it to him. Kinda sucks that they do that. The dealer said that they sell them @ retail but only to locals so that they can gain their service business...still sucks. [smiley=brood.gif]
18,900 I gotta slow down!.

1034ME

• Gotta have one!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 07:58:15 AM »

Sorry if this dissapoints some of you, but,  I have changed my mind.  My wife has had some health problems that have finally been resolved and she wants to learn to ride.  Since she is the one that bought the Fatboy for me, I have sort of a soft spot in my heart for that bike so I'll keep it and teach her how to ride the Fatboy.  
 I will still sell the Goldwing, but instead of the SEEG, I have decided on a Road Glide.  I think it will be a good road bike and have plenty of power since I'll have the dealer install Stage 1 big bore, race tuner and V&H Pro Pipe before I even take delivery. That will get me a good strong bagger for about $10-15K less considering the premium that dealers around here are putting on the CVO bikes.

This way we can still have 2 bikes, but,  both will be HD so cruising together will be kinda cool.

I took a good hard look at all the chrome on the SEEG and realized the fact that I ride about 30,000 miles per year and I'm kind of ANAL about my bikes being clean, that made me realize that I would be wiping this damned thing for the rest of my life.  And I don't think that a limited production custom deserves to be used as a daily driver the way I ride.

I still get a woody when I see a SEEG and think it's the coolest bike HD ever made but I think I'll be able to live with my decision and be plenty proud of the RoadGlide.

Thanks for all the info and I will still visit and promote this board as one of the best ones on the net.

Ride Safe so you can ride again!!!!

Dale

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 03:55:12 PM »

Chrome only makes a bike eaiser to clean!  Glad your wife is doing better and that you will be able to enjoy the open road with her.

Sounds like a better "Win-Win" to me!  [smiley=bigok.gif]
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 05:39:18 PM »

The way I see it ya can't go wrong. Next year when the 05 SEEGs come out you can sell the Road Glide for about what you have in it and get the 05 SEEG with the 6 speed and the 120 inch motor.....and all the other speculated additions for 05. Really can't go wrong with your plan. I am with ya on the see it gotta have it thing. I wanted a CVO glide of some sort ever since I laid my eyes on the first Road Glide a few years back. When the SEEG came out it was a 2 second decision. Sold the Road King last year, waited 9 months for the Orange and Black...worth every minuite of the wait. On the cleaning deal. My turqoise and white 92 fatboy got 80 spoke wheels instead of the discs a few years back. SEEG is much easier to keep clean than that one. Glad to hear the wife is doing well. Good luck on the learning, take your time! [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 05:40:19 PM by rugbyprop »

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.