Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I ordered a 2005 SEEG  (Read 3159 times)

vroom

I ordered a 2005 SEEG
« on: April 11, 2004, 01:50:06 PM »

If they are made,which my dealer believes they will,I have a deposit on a 2005 SEEG,wont know colors until July.It is with great interest that I read all your comments on this forum.When I saw the SEEG this year I could not believe it..what a bike.I am however quite attached to my yellow Fatboy, but judging by everyones comments I will not miss it. How is this bike to drive around town?will it seem heavy?Also in the summer would most guys remove the lowers?Great forum..Thanks(Manitoba,Canada)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: I ordered a 2005 SEEG
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 09:30:33 PM »

Vroom welcome to the board.  Good news......there will be an 05 SEEG and it will officially be called the FLHTCSE2.  For now thow, you'll just have to take my word for it.  Can't help you with colors but HD has a callenge to beat this years colors.

I'll be surprised, if it does not have a six speed transmission, also.  You should know everything after the dealers meeting in July.  That's where all the new information is released for the following years models.

Once you get this bike, you will quickly move away from your yellow Fatboy.  One of the comments of people who move to the touring bike from other models is how surprised they are at how nimble it is.  In a straight line, or in the twisties, I hang with the best of em.  You will not be sorry.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

PCC

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 12:24:20 PM »

The rumor mill here in Reno is that HD is considering the JIMS/HD 120"er as well for the SEEG. I may have a nice 04 for sale after Sturgis!!!!!!!! [smiley=confused5.gif]

jfscheck

• Senior CVO Member
  • also known as Da' Bear...
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 12:41:32 PM »

Nope, I doubt you see that engine for a while as well as the six speed transmission.  Same bike, differnt color for next year, that's what I'm thinking...
John "JFScheck" Scheck
H-D Screamin' Eagle CVO Electra Glide Ultra Classic in Autumn Haze & Vivid Black
"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 01:12:01 PM »

don't count out any possibiltes just yet, the SERK's got a bigger motor in their second year, which breaks the pattern of only changing colors for the second year
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 01:52:02 PM »

naitram...ur killin me with that picture...haa

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 02:49:11 PM »

[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

vroom

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 09:35:15 PM »

I keep waiting for that tube top too DROP. I 120" would be nice..I like those rumors,keep them coming!.I hope they have nice colors for 2005..I really like the brandy wine RK with Flames.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 09:57:38 PM »

Since it's speculation and rumor, I'll give a wild guess.......no it will not happen.....can't get it by the EPA (that's why you can't buy it assembled, either!).  But I will not be surprised if the six speed is in it.

They are working on the six speed now, for the bikes with hydraulic clutch (the SEEG).....that's fact.  There will be a FLHTCSE2......that's fact.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 10:33:15 PM »

Figured the hydralic 6 speed was coming any idea when??
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.