Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fox Shocks  (Read 1636 times)

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
Fox Shocks
« on: December 15, 2022, 02:23:03 PM »

Anyone have experience with these Fox Shocks?
I would like to hear a real world opinion.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
Re: Fox Shocks
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 10:15:15 AM »

I guess Ill be the first.
Ill let you guys know how it goes.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 01:46:23 PM »

I don't have those with the reservoir, but have been running their shock with rebound as well as their fork cartridges for a few years now. I have used ohlins on previous HD's as well as other brands. I have also used Fox and Ohlins on many dirt bikes.

I think the Fox shocks I am currently running work great. In my opinion the reservoirs are overkill for HD's on the street. From my understanding the big benefit for the reservoirs are for long term rapid bumps to help keep the oil cool. Unless you plan to often ride on washboard gravel roads or similar I don't see the benefit, but they certainly won't hurt!

I live on a gravel road, but the closest I feel I came to possibly needing reservoirs was 14 miles of dirt road construction a few years back going around the Grand loop in Yellowstone. It was pretty rough, but every time we came to flagger to stop I was actually enjoying it, but my buddy was cussing and quite unhappy when he pulled up next to me.

The Fox shocks as i understand it are one of the best you can get currently for the side-by-sides for off-road racing. You may as well get the FOX fork cartridges while you are at it!
Best

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 12:43:13 PM »

I have these without the canisters, so far no complaints.  Anything is better than stock!  Had the RWD without the canisters before the Fox's, but didn't like the extra height of the 13's, so found these (Fox) in 12's.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 12:48:17 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »

Over all I’m happy with my Fox no remote reservoir 13 inch HD duty rebound adjustable but I do find riding two up in NH where roads can be rough that they seem to fade a bit and compression dampening witch is not adjustable feels to soft.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 10:00:57 AM »

So the install was pretty straight forward. I adjusted the preload for the correct weight. Put the Compression and rebound settings in the middle.
Finally got to try them out at Daytona Beach Bike week. It's hard to give an "apples to apples" comparison because
it's been months since I rode the bike and the Florida roads are Much better than Michigan roads.
But, that being said, I really feel it was a big improvement. My wife even commented how smooth it was. I found
myself intentionally hitting bumps just to see how it reacted.
I'm giving the Fox shocks the Thumbs Up!

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 10:01:32 AM »

another pic

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 24 queries.