Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Any reports of 2020 sumping?  (Read 8612 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Any reports of 2020 sumping?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 08:25:13 AM »

well the 2020 pump is now a 50/50 split where as it was a 60/40 they altered the return side rotors and with the seal which is not new it seems to be working very well thus far . the sumping is odd it really is many times you left wondering what the heck is going on when there is no smoking gun
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 03:17:47 PM »

I handed over my 19 to the dealer last week to have them look at sumping issues. Interestingly, I can (somewhat) consistently reproduce the problem. Read on if you're interested.

Attached is a map of a portion of La Crosse County, WI. Position #1 is at the top of a bluff at the mouth of County Road FO, which has some nice corners to carve, and which loses about 460 feet of elevation by the time you get to position #2, roughly 2 miles down the hill. After attacking the corners in a very spirited way, I slow down to highway speed at position #2 and and by position #3, roughly another 2 miles down the road, the bike exhibits power loss and high heat, which I assume is sumping. I stop at position #4, a golf course, to let the bike idle and it clears up in 5 minutes or so.

About 350 of the 460 feet of the elevation drop occurs in the first 3000 feet of road between #1 and #2.

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times, always in the same spot and in the same manner. But the bike has never exhibited this behavior anywhere else and at no other time during the 5k miles I put on this year.

So I explain this to the dealer and I'm waiting for them to let me know what they're going to do. I want them to give me the 2020 pump. We shall see.

Nice area. I'm about 50 miles north of the twin cities. Couple times a year I ride to lacrosse. I really like 108 out of West Salem and head north to Melrose. please keep us updated with the results of you ride.

GB506

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »

Nice area. I'm about 50 miles north of the twin cities. Couple times a year I ride to lacrosse. I really like 108 out of West Salem and head north to Melrose. please keep us updated with the results of you ride.

HD had the dealer put it on the dyno and measure fluid. Measured 4.5oz and 2oz on the two tests, below the supposed 6oz threshold HD needs to see before they would swap the pump for a 2020 version.

Deformed crank position sensor indicates high heat at some point, so they have to know I’m not BSing them.

Appealing the ruling at this point.

If I can reproduce the problem it’s only a matter of time before it goes, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »

Sumping Solved?      Looks like no one has had a issue with sumping since the 2020  pump. Woodstock HD says they have not one sump with new pump. Hope it is true my friend is buying a new ultra .  Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

J.D.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 02:52:56 PM »

Only 4 model years to get the oil pump design right...maybe?  That's not too bad I guess.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 24 queries.