Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2011 RGUSE OWNERS THOUGHTS  (Read 8539 times)

1BADHAWG

2011 RGUSE OWNERS THOUGHTS
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »

going on Friday to possibly buy a 11...any of you new owners have any input on the Bike....comfort, wind buffering, performance??????...etc....thanks

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: 2011 RGUSE OWNERS THOUGHTS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »

have the dealer check neck bearings
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1BADHAWG

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »

man after reading all the problems on the 11's.... i may need to keep my old 04... seems like quality control has gone to crap

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »

Don't regret buying mine at all.  Just had the 1k done on it and it works great.  I had some cosmetic issues, scratches on the inner fairing behind the speedo pod, and water rings under the clear coat on the tank, but those issues were taken care of (inner fairing and tank replaced).  Bike is very comfortable, rides like a dream, and as I'm 6'4" tall, there is a little more wind buffeting than I get on the SESG, but not enough to be unhappy with it.  Love the iPod setup and the new boom audio speakers sound great!   Very happy with my "Silent Gray Fellow".

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

1BADHAWG

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »

there was a SE Ultra Classic sitting beside the Glide and  it also had a ring mark on the gas tank and swirl marks on the fairing, the buffering is one thing i am worried about, i get alot of wind on my Electra Glide, but its not turbulent/dirty air my glasses dont shake...i had a 09 Street Glide and could'nt ride over 50 to 55...felt like someone was slapping me up side the head..(wasn't the bride) tried  4 windshields/fork baffle nothing worked..sold it...it's really strange how air flow is diff on bikes with the same fairing :nixweiss:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »

there was a SE Ultra Classic sitting beside the Glide and  it also had a ring mark on the gas tank and swirl marks on the fairing, the buffering is one thing i am worried about, i get alot of wind on my Electra Glide, but its not turbulent/dirty air my glasses dont shake...i had a 09 Street Glide and could'nt ride over 50 to 55...felt like someone was slapping me up side the head..(wasn't the bride) tried  4 windshields/fork baffle nothing worked..sold it...it's really strange how air flow is diff on bikes with the same fairing :nixweiss:

As tall as I am, I get buffeting to a certain extent on both my SE Street Glide and my SE Road Glide.  But like I said, no eyeglass shaking or head knocking type of buffeting.  I've had both the SESG and SEURG up to over 85 and no problems.  Just a little more on the SEURG.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

inflatableman

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:26:56 PM »

I was not in the market for a new bike as I was on a 09 Ultra Classic that was a rider 28000 miles in 14 months and thought it could not get any better.  I bought the RGUSE because I feel in love on the showroom floor,   Ivory / Gold and had to have it.   Took the bike in for a 1000-mile service and the “wobble” and was given an 11 Ultra Classic loaner.  Getting on UC  was like a scooter, it is cramped, very unresponsive and the ride is so affected by the wind, I am amazed.  I bought due to color, but now I am a convert, believer and a disciple of the “FUGLY” Shark crowd.  Have had no issues other than the wobble and they will get that resolved.    I too am “VERY HAPPY”
2011 FLTRUSE
Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold
V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Rounds

DOOFUS

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

I have an 11 SERG. It is my 10th bike, 6th harley, 3rd Road Glide.  It is ALMOST as smooth as my K120OLT and Gold Wings -- almost.  Add the right size windshield and attach the HD wind deflectors.  You will love it. Of course, don't forget that stage 1 !!!!!

1BADHAWG

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »

I was not in the market for a new bike as I was on a 09 Ultra Classic that was a rider 28000 miles in 14 months and thought it could not get any better.  I bought the RGUSE because I feel in love on the showroom floor,   Ivory / Gold and had to have it.   Took the bike in for a 1000-mile service and the “wobble” and was given an 11 Ultra Classic loaner.  Getting on UC  was like a scooter, it is cramped, very unresponsive and the ride is so affected by the wind, I am amazed.  I bought due to color, but now I am a convert, believer and a disciple of the “FUGLY” Shark crowd.  Have had no issues other than the wobble and they will get that resolved.    I too am “VERY HAPPY”
                                                                                                                                                                     good to hear....seems like two happy riders so far, yeah sitting on the RG seems like alot more room..the distance from th rider to the windshield was where i thought the problem might be...its supposed to be around 40...but i am going to take her for a 5 to 10 mile ride on the interstate before i pull the trigger..going to have V&H head pipe/Rinehart 4 inch mufflers and PCV done...said i should wait till first service to get dynoed

1BADHAWG

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »

I have an 11 SERG. It is my 10th bike, 6th harley, 3rd Road Glide.  It is ALMOST as smooth as my K120OLT and Gold Wings -- almost.  Add the right size windshield and attach the HD wind deflectors.  You will love it. Of course, don't forget that stage 1 !!!!!
what size shield did you opt for & where do you mount the deflectors on the Glide????

inflatableman

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »

I am 6' 1" and ended up with a Clearview GT Medium and the RGUSE comes with the Harley wind deflectors. 
2011 FLTRUSE
Frosted Ivory / Vintage Gold
V&H Power Duals
V&H Monster Rounds

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »

I am 5' 9" and I find the ergonomics of my CVO RG Ultra just fine.  I have almost 3k on it and it is smooth as silk and thankfully I have not experienced the dreaded wobble (and hope I never do!).  Maybe because I am not tall I find the windshield just fine - no buffeting to speak of.  My only concern is that in the summer's heat there is no adjustable wings like on the ultra to direct air flow over the rider.  But hopefully that won't be too big a problem.  The seat is very comfortable for me.  All in all a good job by the moco on this one.  :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »

A bunch of small issues at the start but love it handles like a dream and all the bells and whistles 2 months and all is good
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

icufltrn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 fltruse
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »

I have 3500 miles on mine and haven't had any issues. Do a lot of commuting to work on the highway and no buffeting to speak of. Even at 80 and all the way up to 110

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »

I have 10k+ on my RGUSE. I love my RGUSE. I traded my '07 FLTR. The ride on this RGUSE is twice as good as my '07 if not more.
Regarding buffeting, I'm 6'3" and went to a Clearviews that I got from a friend. It's improves things but it's a motorcycle and I like the wind.
If I want to get rid of the wind altogether, I'll drive my car.

LOVE MY RGUSE!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.