Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2011 RGUSE OWNERS THOUGHTS  (Read 8546 times)

diveteach

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
Re: 2011 RGUSE OWNERS THOUGHTS
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »

Love mine. Did change the pipe to full sac and it runs so much cooler. Looking for wind screen now. The stock dumps all the wind on my face (I am 6'2)

Rise is a thousand times better than my 07 ultra classic.

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • Random photos
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 02:26:48 AM »

My wife is flying out to Cali Thursday and we are headed down Hwy 1 to L.A. So look for a post in ride reports a week from Tuesday.

Dshouse

• CVO2: 2007 Road Glide Custom 103 SE255 Race Tuner
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2011, 09:35:23 PM »

Your going to love it. I bought the Rio Red in September and have 4000+ miles. I installed the 4" Reinharts, Klock low profile windshield. Trying to decide is I want to swap cams and install the race tuner later this summer. I like a little more low end torque. I have no problems with the bike or paint. It is a sweet ride.

1BADHAWG

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 07:09:52 AM »

well went and picked up new bike yesterday...the dealer is closed on Sunday but they met me there to trade out bikes as i live 75 miles from them...put 100 miles on it solo riding.. comfy ride, dang this a heavy bike... love the IPOD hook up and the boom audio speakers sound good, windshield is ok but i want a tinted one, possibly a Clearview 13 inch ??, need to put on my 360 highway peg mounts, and probably get the tour pack relocate kit from George Anderson?? i thinks thats his name.. also ordered floorboard spacers from Harley Goodies ( i have put them on all my bikes)..i noticed some decel popping i guess i will get them to address that at at the 1000 mile service, they said they a mild tune on it now until the motor gets broke in....love the looks of the 4 inch Rinehart's, not as loud as the 3.5 i had on my 04 103, kind of miss that but it sounds good kind of a deeper sound, my friend bought a Silver one and his dealer just put the 3.5 on his didn't even tell him about the 4 inch...?? his does sound more like my old one i guess that 1/2 inch makes a lot of diff, but he has true dual Rineys.. i have the VH power header with Riney mufflers...looking forward to more riding when the weather warms up some, we lucked up yesterday...69 degrees...also thanks for all the input from everyone....look forward to reading ride/bike thoughts in the future... :drink:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 05:58:17 PM »

I have around 10k on my RGUSE. It doesn't handle as good as my old 2009 RGSE. As far as the handling I was told that a change was made to the triple tree assembly to change the turning radius. Still handles better than the older RGs. As far as wind turbulence goes it's not bad. I have the Clearview small on for the winter and I use the HD Windsplitter in warmer weather.

I've had my share of problems.

Throttle stopped working (had take apart and clean contacts in handlebar)
Steering head bearing tightened (twice)
NIM replaced
Noise in front - rebuilt fork and triple tree assembly (noise came back after 1k. Need to fix again)
Replaced XM and radio antenna
Replacing ignition switch
Replaced right heated grip
Paint peeling on motor
PTT doesn't always work (not fixed yet)
Radio switches mode without touching the mode switch (not fixed yet)
Ipod locks up periodically

It's a pain taking it to the dealer so often but they are very good about fixing it. Overall I like it. The bike has a lot of nice accessories. It just sucks to have to work out all the bugs for the MoCo.

Good lord, I thought I was having problems! I have a problem with my ipod locking up, the INT shows up on the radio screen even though it is not in Intercom mode (second radio). The right blinker locked up front and back, the cruise has began to just shutoff for no apparent reason and now the check engine light is on... I am also hearing a clunk or click in the front every now and then and also had my ignition switch replaced (locking up).

Edit: forgot about the clutch master cylinder that leaked, had a seal kit installed and then had to be replaced. Also, the radio was replaced but that was due to a snafu on the R&R (broken cd door).

Other than that, she's a breeze!  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:16:32 PM by Robmay »

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »

MAN!!!!!I should have read this  before buying mine. Just 200 miles on it . Working fine. I'll keep an eye on everything.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »

MAN!!!!!I should have read this  before buying mine. Just 200 miles on it . Working fine. I'll keep an eye on everything.

It'll be fine. We always have these problems but keep coming back....so the good must far out weigh the bad! :drink:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 05:42:46 AM »

Nah, don't sweat it.  1. You only hear the bad stuff on here.  Rarely do the people that have no, or very few issues say anything. and 2. That's why you have a warranty.  Ride the bike, enjoy it, and IF you do have any problems, get it fixed.  No sense worrying.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

duranh

• Senior CVO Member

• Random photos
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 10:30:54 AM »

Nah, don't sweat it.  1. You only hear the bad stuff on here.  Rarely do the people that have no, or very few issues say anything. and 2. That's why you have a warranty.  Ride the bike, enjoy it, and IF you do have any problems, get it fixed.  No sense worrying.

:devil:

X2 The same was true with the Hummer forum I used to belong to (prior to selling my trucks that is)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.