Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: changing early swingarm to late  (Read 964 times)

SPIDERMAN

changing early swingarm to late
« on: February 22, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »

Has anyone done a change from the 99-01 swingarm to the 02 and later ? Screamin_ Beagle and I have a friend with a 99 UC that has some serious rear steer and swingarm torquing issues and we have procured an 06 swingarm and lower legs from HD_Dude to swap out on this bike. Other than needing wheels with 1" bearings, are there any other issues. I was measuring and checking clearances and everything seems to match up.A guy I knew with an 01 SERG did it, but he has departed the area and is out of contact.

Comments ?

sturbee

• Scooter guy
Re: changing early swingarm to late
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:34:07 AM »

Hi , I had a local HD dealership change the swingarm on my '01 RKC to a '03 swingarm, check for the newer swingarms at a trike builder, reasonable cost, the '03 looks to be stronger, more steel
After drilling out the rear brake to 1 inch diameter, the modified rear brake did not look strong enough, it was replaced with a newer brake
Some drilling had to be done to the frame to get the newer swingarm to fit, I am not sure why, maybe to use the newer swingarm bushings? I will find out this weekend
Reason for changing was I wanted 1 inch axle for the Weld Racing rims, I can put these on the '01 RKC or the '06 CUSE
Another reason was for a thicker rear axle, I weigh a bunch, during my mountain bike years I bent many rear axles
06 SE Ultra, Autumn Haze, Sept 9/24/05
01 Road King Classic, Berry Wine custom paint

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.