Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I'm not a new member... but I am sharing my latest aquisition...  (Read 2306 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)

:worthless:

I had been browsing FB marketplace for a while and kept seeing this 01 CVO Road Glide with a Hannigan side car... Started at $15k... I wasn't in a place to buy it.  It was local to me and I knew the seller.

Dealing with my personal injury case I really wasn't in a place to buy it, ride ride it or even make an offer on it... then things quickly changed.

So....

I took the club stickers off and polished it up... the chrome isnt perfect... Hawaii's environment is hell on chrome... but for the price and with the sidecar this works.

I can take the dog riding with us and it can be a family affair.

Now to fix all the little things that are wrong with it... Speedo/cruise were the easiest.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max

That is pretty cool...
Bill

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

Enjoy the new ride!   :jalapeno:  :jalapeno: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide

I've never seen one with a side car  :) that's pretty cool.  :drink: I have added you to the 2001 SERG Registry  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )

Ive been riding it for a week.... finally checked the air suspension on the bike... 0 psi... duh... set that to max 25/35 then checked the tires... set them to 35/40... i'm embarrassed to say what the air pressures were at...

:carrot

But it rides a whole hell of a lot better...

This week I can work on oil drips...

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag

Rob,

Eh bruddah, welcome. Join da CVO ohana! Great looking bike !!!

Aloha.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Ive been riding it for a week.... finally checked the air suspension on the bike... 0 psi... duh... set that to max 25/35 then checked the tires... set them to 35/40... i'm embarrassed to say what the air pressures were at...

:carrot

But it rides a whole hell of a lot better...

This week I can work on oil drips...

Not uncommon for the air suspension to leak down regularly or quickly.  So until you get used to yours check it often.  Almost any shock is better than the stock shocks anyway.  So changing to something else is a consideration to keep in back of your mind. 

Cool looking rig though.  Can't wait to read your stories of how it handles and what it's like riding with the hack.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

Rob,

Eh bruddah, welcome. Join da CVO ohana! Great looking bike !!!

Aloha.

Howzit!

Been a few years since I saw both you and Marty.... gonna need to make a fly and ride happen soon... I hope that we'll make Sturgis in 2020 for sure but I'd like to fly up before that,

Will keep you informed.

Will bring up my gunship grey.. this beast is too big so air freight!

Thanks all for the welcome!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

Not uncommon for the air suspension to leak down regularly or quickly.  So until you get used to yours check it often.  Almost any shock is better than the stock shocks anyway.  So changing to something else is a consideration to keep in back of your mind. 

Cool looking rig though.  Can't wait to read your stories of how it handles and what it's like riding with the hack.

Aloha twolane,

My original thought was to go with progressive monotubes up front and ultra touring (stock height) for the rear.

I assume that I will need to ditch the air completely with this.

As far as riding with a hack... an adventure in itself.

I have a friend with a 2000 CVO Road Glide with a liberty side car. The liberty is a lighter rig. Easier to put it in the air on right turns.

I bought this primarily to take to dog riding... he likes the trip to the dog park.

Getting used to the counter steering is challenging...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Aloha twolane,

My original thought was to go with progressive monotubes up front and ultra touring (stock height) for the rear.

I assume that I will need to ditch the air completely with this.

As far as riding with a hack... an adventure in itself.

I have a friend with a 2000 CVO Road Glide with a liberty side car. The liberty is a lighter rig. Easier to put it in the air on right turns.

I bought this primarily to take to dog riding... he likes the trip to the dog park.

Getting used to the counter steering is challenging...

The monotube kits are a relatively inexpensive way to get a much better suspension up front.  Losing the air is no big deal.  You'll need to swap the caps on top of the forks with parts from the bazillions of bikes that never had air suspension to begin with.  Cheap parts on eBay.  In the rear just change the shocks.  Leave the lines laying in the bike or not; depends entirely on your degree of OCD.

I have for years on-and-off thought of getting a hack.  The idea has often tempted me.  Hearing guys who've ridden with speak of the greater effort on a longer day has always kept me from it.  Still thinking I'd prefer a hack than a trike when it finally comes the time I'm no longer good on two wheels.  I'd take the dog in a hack.  Never liked the idea of the dog trailers behind.  In a hack would be cool though.  A Greyhound in goggles would be the bomb!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

Re: So I'm not a new member... but I am sharing my latest aquisition...
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »

The monotube kits are a relatively inexpensive way to get a much better suspension up front.  Losing the air is no big deal.  You'll need to swap the caps on top of the forks with parts from the bazillions of bikes that never had air suspension to begin with.  Cheap parts on eBay.  In the rear just change the shocks.  Leave the lines laying in the bike or not; depends entirely on your degree of OCD.

I have for years on-and-off thought of getting a hack.  The idea has often tempted me.  Hearing guys who've ridden with speak of the greater effort on a longer day has always kept me from it.  Still thinking I'd prefer a hack than a trike when it finally comes the time I'm no longer good on two wheels.  I'd take the dog in a hack.  Never liked the idea of the dog trailers behind.  In a hack would be cool though.  A Greyhound in goggles would be the bomb!

Trike V. Hack... no comparison... I'd ride a hack anyday... it takes more skill but its more rewarding. . Be ready for conversations everywhere you go and be ready to give people the grand tour.

I can still ride two, and I still enjoy two. But hack riding is an adventure... setting it up correctly, from setting the bike up, to setting the alignment up for the hack its all part of the skillset needed to make the adventure fun. :huepfenlol2:

I've been riding this for the last three weeks straight... watch me next week when I take my gunship grey road glide out... i'll forget to put by feet down at the first light!  :oops:

OCD.. I got lots of that... right now its fix mechanical things one at a time from years of previous ownership(s) and buying chrome and black doo-dads to replace the bad ones... At least the speedometer and cruise control works now in the carpool lane in the morning on the way to work!

I'll probably fix the trip/reset button this weekend and order tires... (Tires are pretty old and hashed out.. they probably should have been replaced when I first got the bike...  :)  brakes too... )

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.