Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what stage is a SE RG???  (Read 2527 times)

Ranchhand

• 2000 FLTRSEI Three color red
what stage is a SE RG???
« on: September 12, 2005, 11:46:50 PM »

Having to look for a new map for my PC2, changed the stock pipes to thundercone slip ons. I know NOTHING about FI bikes. Does the 2000 FLTRSEI come stock with harleys stage 1?stage2? I don't know what all that means. I assume stage 2 means big bore, but need some wisdom on this subject. How about cams?ECM?

I want my carb back,

thanks,

ranchhand

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:05:14 AM »

Having to look for a new map for my PC2, changed the stock pipes to thundercone slip ons. I know NOTHING about FI bikes. Does the 2000 FLTRSEI come stock with harleys stage 1?stage2? I don't know what all that means. I assume stage 2 means big bore, but need some wisdom on this subject. How about cams?ECM?
ranchhand

first - dump the PCII and go with a USB
second - FLTRSEI is a 1550 Stage II.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:05:48 AM by One_Screamin_Eagle »
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Re:  what stage is a SE RG???
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 04:46:14 AM »

what is the (freeze plug) and where is its location,What is a (usb).Thanks [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
Re:
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:48:49 AM »

what is the (freeze plug) and where is its location,What is a (usb).Thanks [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Powercommander USB is the latest version - far superior to a PCII

In the original SERG Muffler, there is a freeze plug held in the end of the muffler.  If you remove it, you have the equivalent of the SE One piece Performance touring muffler they sold at that time - (not the Kerker muffler)
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 08:21:07 AM »

Headpan, the "USB" is just the interface or connection type for the Power Commander.  The newer unit has the new USB interface while the older unit has a serial interface.  The newer unit also has some program options that the older one does not.  The software to run it has also been updated a lot more.  The Power Commander part number for the one you'd be interested in if you upgraded would be 802-511 .

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
Re:  what stage is a SE RG???
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 12:31:57 PM »

Well thanks men for giving me alittle more insight on the pc2 and efi.I guess every body would agree on leaving the freeze plug in since I Am going to be (stone stock).I tried the ( intake kit , true duel pipes with slipons, pc2 with download thing) and the bike was mid & top end stronger but it suffered in the how should
I say...It just runs way smoother (Stone stock).So I chit canned all that stuff and went back to homebase.Besides I could not here that cheap harley radio with the custom pipes anyway! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif], I got a pro street softail and a old pan chopper so from customizing them all these years I just dove right in to my eagle trying to get some horses out of her.....well long story short I bought this bike to tour so stone stock she will be( besides the efi conversion in play now),Ride-on........Headpan62 [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.