Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: New Aftermarket Radio -- Couldn't Find it in Search  (Read 12876 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Aftermarket Radio -- Couldn't Find it in Search
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2024, 11:58:06 AM »

I can swap between screens while riding and the NAV voice comes through the speakers just like in a car.  I like the split screen with NAV and your source showing all the time.  I bought a Bluetooth module and like my iPhone through that to the radio head unit.

Once I got to the RCA's for the input to the amp versus the speaker wires like what I had for my HD HK radio to amp, it works fine now and the volume is good too.

I really like the new head unit, a LOT!  The "ONLY" reason I ever thought about upgrading my CVO, was when the new '15 came out with the Rushmore audio system with NAV.  Granted this is not a NAV head unit, but with the Apple CarPlay, it works just as good.  There's a bit of a lag hooking up when I start up, but I'm guessing that's because of my Bluetooth and NOT being hard wired via USB.  This way I have my RAM mount with the QI charger module and hard wired that to my main power supply.  Then just slip in the iPhone and not additional wiring needed.

I'm sure you'll like it Don.  What's another grand in the whole scope of it??? :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Dan

I am still thinking about it Dan.  For just a bit the idea of a new bike percolated.  Then I just wasn't interested enough.  Still like the old one better.  Also noticed that, at least for the moment, the radios were on sale for $200 off.  Now I'll probably think about it too long and miss the sale. 

I wish the radios did a bit more than they did.  But there's a lot that they do that I'd like.  Decisions decisions.....

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2024, 09:18:23 AM »

I am still thinking about it Dan.  For just a bit the idea of a new bike percolated.  Then I just wasn't interested enough.  Still like the old one better.  Also noticed that, at least for the moment, the radios were on sale for $200 off.  Now I'll probably think about it too long and miss the sale. 

I wish the radios did a bit more than they did.  But there's a lot that they do that I'd like.  Decisions decisions.....

Just looked this morning.  We missed the sale.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2024, 11:41:19 AM »

Just looked this morning.  We missed the sale.

Well.... nuts. 

The later model's radios were on sale for a bigger discount and cheaper price than were the 1998-2013 versions.  This annoyed me (a little).  So to heck with it; for now.  There will be another sale.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2024, 11:59:09 AM »

Well.... nuts. 

The later model's radios were on sale for a bigger discount and cheaper price than were the 1998-2013 versions.  This annoyed me (a little).  So to heck with it; for now.  There will be another sale.

Agreed.  I would still like to know if he has wireless Carplay though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2024, 12:52:18 PM »

Agreed.  I would still like to know if he has wireless Carplay though.

The rep at Volunteer told me no.  It's been awhile since I asked but that was the answer.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 08:06:19 PM by Twolanerider »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2024, 12:54:39 PM »

i had the option of adding a module to the USB port
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2024, 12:12:06 PM »

By not being quick here (ok, just never made up my mind) might have ended up un-screwing up in reverse.  There's now a competitive product to the SoundStream radio and the competitor has wireless Android Auto and wireless CarPlay built in.  Whether the new option ends up bring down the cost on both after a time because there's now a bit of competition or if the new one just proves to offer more facility for similar money at least there's an option.  Now I've got a reason to wait even longer...

https://notecycles.com/collections/1998-2013-harley-davidson-touring/products/diamond-audio-7-plug-play-head-unit-1998-2013-harley-davidson-road-glide

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2024, 02:56:05 PM »

By not being quick here (ok, just never made up my mind) might have ended up un-screwing up in reverse.  There's now a competitive product to the SoundStream radio and the competitor has wireless Android Auto and wireless CarPlay built in.  Whether the new option ends up bring down the cost on both after a time because there's now a bit of competition or if the new one just proves to offer more facility for similar money at least there's an option.  Now I've got a reason to wait even longer...

https://notecycles.com/collections/1998-2013-harley-davidson-touring/products/diamond-audio-7-plug-play-head-unit-1998-2013-harley-davidson-road-glide
I've been seeing the hype about this new unit. Being an android guy it intrigues me for my '12. I already have full aftermarket RF setup including the head unit so it should be a pretty easy swap (other than fighting that damn outer fairing). Lemme know how it works out for ya Don.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2024, 03:26:25 PM »

I've been seeing the hype about this new unit. Being an android guy it intrigues me for my '12. I already have full aftermarket RF setup including the head unit so it should be a pretty easy swap (other than fighting that damn outer fairing). Lemme know how it works out for ya Don.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

If or when I pull the trigger will definitely share thoughts.  It's not a today or to-this-month-or-next thing though.  Damn, got to wait and see if competition makes either manufacturer blink and have a sale!  :drink:

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2024, 07:33:22 PM »

If or when I pull the trigger will definitely share thoughts.  It's not a today or to-this-month-or-next thing though.  Damn, got to wait and see if competition makes either manufacturer blink and have a sale!  :drink:

Plus 1 on that idea.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.