Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Riding Flaming Gorge area.....  (Read 8607 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Riding Flaming Gorge area.....
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »

If you make plans for Utah let me know. I'd love to join you in your quest. I've been to the 5 National Parks. They are all unique and different.

Simon

Haird when you have somebody leading that knows the way, the best roads to ride, the tourist traps to stay away from, etc. where they can lead and you can just follow and check out the scenery instead of paying attention to your next turn or your gps.......that's priceless!

By the way guys, I'm not a fisherman.....never had the patience for it.  But if you look at the license plates on all the trucks at the beginning of this thread you'll notice they're all from California.  Sacramento Kokanee Salmon fish club, Lodi Fish Club, etc. etc.   95% are from central and northern California.  I remember when I was in junior high school here in Utah.....nearly all the trucks during deer hunting season are also from California....after those big mule deer that Utah is known for.  I've been all over  the nation and I can tell you the biggest deer are here in Utah.     :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 05:51:48 PM »

Good match for the Snake River.
Great pics as usual.
John

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 08:14:12 PM »

Looks like a great time JC :2vrolijk_21:

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »

Wife and I rode through Sheep Creek Geological Loop back in 2013.  Beautiful place.   Don't speed through the recreation area either, we saw numerous White F150's from BLM writing tickets.

If you get further west, ride the road along the upper Provo River.  Very pretty ride too.

GDK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »

Great pictures we are headed to Custer SD Deadwood and to Yellowstone the Tetons coming back through the flaming gorge I have never seen it so your pictures were just in time before we leave on the 23rd this month.
2016 FLHTKSE
carbon dust electric red
2013 FLHTK vivid black
A few other brand x bikes

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »

thanks, JCZ for sharing the photos. looks like great ridin and lookin for sure!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »

Man I swear, someday when I kick the bucket I want to come back and live life in your shoes ... even if it was short-term!
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 09:48:02 PM »

Man I swear, someday when I kick the bucket I want to come back and live life in your shoes ... even if it was short-term!

I suggest you don't kick the bucket, just retire.  :)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »

I suggest you don't kick the bucket, just retire.  :)

I'll try not to on the first thing .... and I have another at least 19-20 years to go for that lucky day, lol.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2018, 11:05:11 PM »

I spent a lot of years working as a Maint. Mgr. (so I was getting it from those above me and from those below me.  LOL) and every time I'd have "one of those days" I'd think to myself....."I can't wait until I retire...I'm going to get a nice toyhauler, put my bike in the back and go where I want, when I want for as long as I want........and when I get an itch (I have since learned that they call it "hitch itch"), I'm just going to hitch up the truck and go on down the road.  That's exactly what I did when I retired a little over a year ago.

Now I'm livin life!  We left San Diego and went through Colorado, the Black Hills, Key West, Daytona Bike Week, Tail of The Dragon & Maggie Valley, back to the Black Hills, Flaming Gorge, Nor Cal (that ride was completed last week and that ride report is yet to be posted but it included Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Lassen, Redding, Eureka, the Redwoods, San Francisco, Hwy. 1, etc.).  We just arrived back in San Diego and we'll be here through the holidays and then on over to Lake Havasu City, Quartzsite, Tombstone, Tucson, Phoenix for the winter and then to Buena Vista, Colorado (the center of the state so that we can use that for our homebase while we explore all four corners of that state at leisure) for the summer.

Our home is a 42' Grand Design Momentum 376TH, with five slide outs and 10 1/2 tons sitting on triple axles....so it works for the two of us and our two little critters.....livin life large!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 06:32:54 AM »

I spent a lot of years working as a Maint. Mgr. (so I was getting it from those above me and from those below me.  LOL) and every time I'd have "one of those days" I'd think to myself....."I can't wait until I retire...I'm going to get a nice toyhauler, put my bike in the back and go where I want, when I want for as long as I want........and when I get an itch (I have since learned that they call it "hitch itch"), I'm just going to hitch up the truck and go on down the road.  That's exactly what I did when I retired a little over a year ago.

Now I'm livin life!  We left San Diego and went through Colorado, the Black Hills, Key West, Daytona Bike Week, Tail of The Dragon & Maggie Valley, back to the Black Hills, Flaming Gorge, Nor Cal (that ride was completed last week and that ride report is yet to be posted but it included Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Lassen, Redding, Eureka, the Redwoods, San Francisco, Hwy. 1, etc.).  We just arrived back in San Diego and we'll be here through the holidays and then on over to Lake Havasu City, Quartzsite, Tombstone, Tucson, Phoenix for the winter and then to Buena Vista, Colorado (the center of the state so that we can use that for our homebase while we explore all four corners of that state at leisure) for the summer.

Our home is a 42' Grand Design Momentum 376TH, with five slide outs and 10 1/2 tons sitting on triple axles....so it works for the two of us and our two little critters.....livin life large!

Glad to see you're enjoying that retirement! Everyone deserves to do just that when you slave a good portion (or most) of your life away. I've had a cdl for the past 25 years and truck for a living. I saw most of the country for almost 2 years when I started, but all those sights are much more appealing on a bike instead of through the windshield of an 18 wheeler. Less than 2 years was all I could take of that and I've been driving local since then ... mostly tri-axle dump and some tractor trailer hauling mail too.

Long story short ... That steady all-year mail job only lasted 4 years when my contractor lost one of his big accounts. Now I'm back to seasonal work driving tri-axle hauling asphalt again so off all winter. My long winter vacation just started last Tuesday. What I'm trying to say without every detail is .... I either have the $ to ride and go places and no time to do it or visa-versa. Currently I'm in the latter category, lol. Guys like you sharing everything I only dream of being able to give me some future hope while I'm beached here all winter shoveling snow.

Since you are so good with that camera ... are you just as savvy with a Go Pro mounted to the bike on some of your rides? I watch more You Tube than tv nowadays and would love to see some footage like that!

MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 11:15:03 AM »

Thanks for sharing JC. Beautiful country
Most great stores start with a bad decision

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2018, 12:38:16 PM »

This post is great!

Anyone visiting Utah must check out "dead horse point". It's just amazing! Research the history.

Of all the places I have ridden, southern Utah is on top of the list.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2018, 11:16:20 AM »

One of my wife's and my favourite places to ride is Utah.  We've spent many of trips going throughout the State on route to one place or another, and thought we had seen all the wonderful places there was to see in the State...

Then along comes JC again to show us why we have to return for another trip.  Great pics as usual.

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like you're enjoying life, and good for you!

Take care & ride safe,
Mike
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing JC. Miss seeing you. Maybe one day we can discuss how in your travels you find the places when you are traveling to stay and work? Glad you are still riding!

BigLew
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 26 queries.