Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear Amp on 2010 Electra Ultra Classic with removable tour pack  (Read 435 times)

Tchooze

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Hello,

first of all sorry with my english, I am from France, so i will try my best to be clear with my question !
For the moment, I have a 2018 Fat Bob 114ci and i am looking to change and maybe switch to a touring. My HD dealer has a nice 2010 Electra Ultra Classic CVO but my big concern is the tour pack. Most of the time I ride alone so I would like to have the opportunity to remove the tour pack and give to the bike a king of bagger style (solo seat, etc...). I passed the last 5 days searching on internet (HD forums, Youtube and so on) to find an answer to my question : what's happening if I unplugged the rear amp ? I want to know if the radio will working well (front speakers only) even if the sound is with less power or if the radio will not work at all because there is a kind of "cut" in the wiring with the rear amp unplugged !
So thanks a lot if someone has the answer.
By the way, your forum is awesome with a lots of informations, good address and nice pics  ;).
Bye
Guillaume from France
Stay safe

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Rear Amp on 2010 Electra Ultra Classic with removable tour pack
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »

Bonjour Guillaume,

I recall a couple of threads on this in the Road Glide Ultra board and I will try to find them for you. To answer your question, however, the radio should work fine if you disconnect the amplifier in the tour pack which is to power the rear speakers. Since your question primarily deals with the stereo I'm going to move this thread to the electronic toys and gadgets board. Good luck!

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Tchooze

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Re: Rear Amp on 2010 Electra Ultra Classic with removable tour pack
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 11:12:42 AM »

Good morning even if here in France it is 5pm !

Thanks for your reply, and sorry about the wrong place for my thread.

So if I understand well, normally the radio will work normally, great news. It is more or less what my HD dealer told me by phone but because I didn't find the clear answer on internet in the last few days I was lost and not sure at all about the opportunity to simply add the removal tour kit kit on a 2010 CVO Electra.

What I read on your forum is the difficulty to deal with the wiring under the seat (speakers, heated seats, intercom, etc...). It will be a challenge to switch to a solo seat and keep all the wires !

Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to more replies.

Guillaume

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.