Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Where Credit is Due: Updated H-D Website!  (Read 3408 times)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
Where Credit is Due: Updated H-D Website!
« on: July 29, 2009, 04:56:21 AM »

I think the 2010 bike section of the H-D website is significantly better than anything in the past. It loads much faster, the pictures are better and the content is presented much better as well. Now, if they would add the comprehensive brochures as .pdf's, and add much larger, at least 1400 pixels wide, pictures of all the bikes in all the colors, it would be almost perfect. Hello Moco, do you hear me?

Cheers,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
Re: Where Credit is Due: Updated H-D Website!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:05 AM »

Ähm, Louis,

what website are you talking about?

.de still is slow loading - if it does at all.

Content is still missing - try to find "new accessories" at .de.

Pictures: try to judge the new FLHXSE in "spiced rum" by the pictures on the website: black, brown or red  :-X

The website is still a shame compared to other "small family businesses" as this one for instance ...

Pfffft ...
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »

They need to do a much better job with the pictures. The color on the site is much different then the bikes.
Bill

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »

I think the new website is an improvement but is still sub standard.  Why no 360 degree views for the CVO bikes?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:04:48 AM »

I think the new website is an improvement but is still sub standard.  Why no 360 degree views for the CVO bikes?

Has anyone noticed the Road Glide Custom rear shot on the red bike on the HD site has a crooked tag bracket.
Naitram noticed and I looked, , , pay all that money for pics and the tag bracket is crooked.
Is that just an indication of the quality control for the Motor Company?  (or the lack thereof)
Dummies.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »

Has anyone noticed the Road Glide Custom rear shot on the red bike on the HD site has a crooked tag bracket.
Naitram noticed and I looked, , , pay all that money for pics and the tag bracket is crooked.
Is that just an indication of the quality control for the Motor Company?  (or the lack thereof)
Dummies.

SBB

HeHe!!! Ya mean FTF!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »

I have to say that I never look at the .de site. It has never the same content as the .com site, with USA as the selected country. In any case we have to motivate them by acknowledging their effort, and directing them to add more and better content, rather than just bash the thing.

Ride safely,
Louis

Ähm, Louis,

what website are you talking about?

.de still is slow loading - if it does at all.

Content is still missing - try to find "new accessories" at .de.

Pictures: try to judge the new FLHXSE in "spiced rum" by the pictures on the website: black, brown or red  :-X

The website is still a shame compared to other "small family businesses" as this one for instance ...

Pfffft ...

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:33 AM »

HeHe!!! Ya mean FTF!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

I could but out of respect for all of those who are happy with their bikes I'm not.
Same applies to the dealer. You and I know there are some chitty ones out there but for me to slam them all and say FTD is not going to happen either.
At this point I'm not real happy with the factory on an issue with my 09 but after a 31 year love affair with Harley Davidson I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.
In a PM or email I may say FTF but that's private and about one issue and I'm meeting next week with the Harley rep to discuss my displeasure about that issue.
I have had friends for many years and when they screw up do I say, FTF?
When my kids screw up do I say, FTK?
How many of our wives have never screwed up, do we say FTW?
For me it's about respect, I try not to burn a bridge because some day I may need to cross it the future.
I figure in about 20 years I may want a Screamin Eagle Trike.

SBB

And besides, in 20 years you will need a SERK trike also!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:10:44 AM by SBB »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 10:10:39 AM »

HeHe!!! Burning bridges? I don't have 5 cause I hate their bikes! And I wouldn't waste my time criticizing something I hate! But I've never, ever known them not to take yer $$$!!! Their freakin bridges are FIREPROOF!!! FTF!!! ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:20:06 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 10:30:06 AM »

I agree that the site is much easier to navigate.  However, someone should really review the product prior to posting...

Have you noticed that with some of the CVO Ultra's the paint colour of the lowers change depending on what picture you're looking at?  What's up with that?  Are the lowers black or colour matched properly?  Which begs the question, are all SESG's inner fairings all painted black?

I wish they still allowed you to download the pictures as well.  Afterall, it would give us the opportunity to advertise their products with our friends!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 02:39:07 PM »

Here's another vote for it being improved, but it is still a long long way from state-of-the-art.  Other's seem to have sites that are much faster and yet still have more and better content, with things like high resolution photo's you can access and in many cases can also download.

I personally don't care about fancy whiz-bang scrolling navigation devices, in most cases it is these sorts of things that slow everything down.  Give me a well thought out menu system with drop downs and fly outs so I can quickly go to the exact page I want without wasting time waiting on graphics and other things to load that I don't want.  Give me complete spec sheets, give me a section where I can download pdf documents such as those spec sheets, or even Owner Manuals.  And definitely give me the ability to download much higher resolution versions of the bike photo's so I can actually see some detail and get a better feel for colors. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »

Here's another vote for it being improved, but it is still a long long way from state-of-the-art.  Other's seem to have sites that are much faster and yet still have more and better content, with things like high resolution photo's you can access and in many cases can also download.

I personally don't care about fancy whiz-bang scrolling navigation devices, in most cases it is these sorts of things that slow everything down.  Give me a well thought out menu system with drop downs and fly outs so I can quickly go to the exact page I want without wasting time waiting on graphics and other things to load that I don't want.  Give me complete spec sheets, give me a section where I can download pdf documents such as those spec sheets, or even Owner Manuals.  And definitely give me the ability to download much higher resolution versions of the bike photo's so I can actually see some detail and get a better feel for colors. 
Jerry

The site is improved and with sales down moco's motivation in having the site up and working the next day after the dealer show  - Last year I think it was a week before the CVO bikes even showed up on the site

I agree with Jerry - Keep it simple spend the money on quality pictures and easy to read and downloadble  specs for each bike.  It would be a nice option to be able to compare several models at the same time.  It seems so simple a Caveman could do it :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 04:05:36 AM »

(...)  It would be a nice option to be able to compare several models at the same time.  It seems so simple a Caveman could do it :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Not be accused to be the advocate for the Moco, but they do have a compare option, actually a very good one. It even allows you to compare all bikes (not just within a model family). Click on -> Explore Bikes -> Tools -> Compare Bikes.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:43 AM »

In years past, nepotism played a large role in website design as large companies didn't see the need for "professional" development. The young student just out of school was assigned the task because management thought it was a good "learning experience" and in reality had no clue about it. That's not to say that is what has happened here by any means. There just maybe a line of thought that bikers in general don't go to the internet first to look at bikes. Which by the way, according to Powersports Business, is the FIRST place a person goes in their quest to purchase a new vehicle. An interactive website with as much information as possible is what an informed buyer is looking for in today's market. They want to see specs, including gas mileage, and price right up front along with pictures from every angle. Then throw in some nice website design features like brochure style pages that turn like a book to add a little "wow" factor and one could display the same content with some more pizazz.

As for this website, a friend here once told me I should never even think about looking at one of these until I had the funds squirreled away. To drive one is to buy one.

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 08:39:48 AM »

In years past, nepotism played a large role in website design as large companies didn't see the need for "professional" development. The young student just out of school was assigned the task because management thought it was a good "learning experience" and in reality had no clue about it. That's not to say that is what has happened here by any means. There just maybe a line of thought that bikers in general don't go to the internet first to look at bikes. Which by the way, according to Powersports Business, is the FIRST place a person goes in their quest to purchase a new vehicle. An interactive website with as much information as possible is what an informed buyer is looking for in today's market. They want to see specs, including gas mileage, and price right up front along with pictures from every angle. Then throw in some nice website design features like brochure style pages that turn like a book to add a little "wow" factor and one could display the same content with some more pizazz.

Well said!

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 08:47:32 AM »

Is that just an indication of the quality control for the Motor Company?  (or the lack thereof)
Dummies.

SBB

maybe the bracket is straight and the rest of the bike is crooked  :nixweiss:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

I personally think the tilt to the bracket and light was done on purpose.  The "engineers" figured that with only one big muffler on the right side, the bike would tilt slightly to that side.  By tilting the license plate bracket and light to the opposite side, the plate will come out level once you hit the road.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 09:05:21 AM »

I personally think the tilt to the bracket and light was done on purpose.  The "engineers" figured that with only one big muffler on the right side, the bike would tilt slightly to that side.  By tilting the license plate bracket and light to the opposite side, the plate will come out level once you hit the road.

Jerry
:zroflmao:

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »

maybe the bracket is straight and the rest of the bike is crooked  :nixweiss:
Looks to me, that it is mounted with a single screw. Hence it probably did rotate a bit.

Ride safely,
Louis

PS: Had to really zoom into the picture to see that, so whoever caught this first must have a really impressive screen!

1914 10E, Grey
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 07:30:26 PM »

Maybe it's just a camera angle.  I know that if you look real close at a lot of rear fenders/lights/tags/brackets/pipes/etc.......they don't line up exactly.  My '94 is that way.....but, just have another  :drink: and it'll be just fine!  ;D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 20 queries.