Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 9/11  Budweiser Story  (Read 5761 times)

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
9/11  Budweiser Story
« on: April 21, 2006, 09:03:09 PM »

-------Original Message-------

The Budweiser Story (not a joke) This is TRUE!

How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the
11th of September, 2001...Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California.

After you finish reading this, please forward this story on to others so that our nation and people around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon.

On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack.

The Budweiser employee went to his truck,  called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face.? He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation.

And Now The Rest Of The Story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!  That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old American Passive-Aggressive A$$ Whoopin!

Pass this along, America needs to know that we're all working together!

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English.. THANK A SOLDIER!!! God Bless America !

04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

SPIDERMAN

Re:  9/11
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »

AND I'll thank the plumber that posted it on this site  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:56:57 PM »

AND I'll thank the plumber that posted it on this site

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 10:09:13 PM »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:22:47 PM »

Tony, Tony, Tony,  1st you won't let us lynch the guy that sold you a crappy set of pipes and now you're bursting our bubble on this Urban Legend story . You keep it up and we're gonna nominate you for site "Party Poop"   :P

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
Re:  9/11  Budweiser Story
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

Tony, Tony, Tony,  1st you won't let us lynch the guy that sold you a crappy set of pipes and now you're bursting our bubble on this Urban Legend story . You keep it up and we're gonna nominate you for site "Party Poop"   :P

Damn Spidey... I just spit my bourbon all over my screen!!!  [smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »

Now see that's just a damn shame. I'm still liking it  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »

Tony, Tony, Tony,

SPIDERMAN

Re:
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »

Damn Spidey... I just spit my bourbon all over my screen!!!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

Having some history in that profession, unless something has changed, store owners are forced to pay cash or check upon delivery.  Therefore, beer vendors can not pick up product without the authorization of the store owner and his request.  After all, they have already paid for the product at the time of delivery.

I agree, I hope this happened in some way...however, I am uncertain this could occur given my knowledge of the DSD world.

Perhaps a Urban Legend and one that should be true....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 11:52:36 PM »

Have heard this urban legend repeated a few times in since 2001.  Every time after it's debunked the suffix "well, it ought to be true" always seems to be added.

Huh?

If you had the choice between a population (immigrant or otherwise) that was so shocked that no one acted out (or they at least had the good sense to keep their mouth shut) as the evil immigrants in this fiction do versus a population where such an occurrence was common you'd actually want it to have happened?  We are the better polity for not being populated by people the likes of those told of in this story.  

That the distributor's actions described were never necessary is a good thing and not a bad one.  Don't wish for enemies you didn't have.  There are enough of them out there as is.

Tonys

• Elite CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 11:55:16 PM »

Sorry guys......

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/budweiser.asp

Thats too frickin bad..coulda been true..I would hope it would have happened that way.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
Re:
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 06:39:01 AM »

Got to wonder if there was any truths in it, maybe the driver heard this trash being said while starting his delivery, then called and was told to not make the drop.
Got Beer?>>>>>>>>>>NOPE!
This great country of ours needs a major shot of morals, and Homeland Security should also be trying to clean up this country of the drugs that are trashing the youth. * We kinda need these kids to carry on*
In the days of out great and grandparents when immigrants came to the US they were assimilated and became US citizens because they to wanted to live the American dream. Why is that not happening now?
*Just some thoughts from my cloudy mind*

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 09:19:56 AM »

Got to wonder if there was any truths in it, maybe the driver heard this trash being said while starting his delivery, then called and was told to not make the drop.
Got Beer?>>>>>>>>>>NOPE!
This great country of ours needs a major shot of morals, and Homeland Security should also be trying to clean up this country of the drugs that are trashing the youth. * We kinda need these kids to carry on*
In the days of out great and grandparents when immigrants came to the US they were assimilated and became US citizens because they to wanted to live the American dream. Why is that not happening now?
*Just some thoughts from my cloudy mind*
I agree  MYCVO! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
I think these myths start from the wish that it could be done by some person with patriotic thoughts as well as a sense of justice that the "bad guys" will be punished.
Sort of like the old saying "America Love it or Leave it!"
I also think "political correctness" has muddied the waters.We don't have a national standard for things such as using English language and customs.God forbid we affend a culture or group. (Oops I can't use the G word now can I?) [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Look at how families are now being shown on TV and other media. The parents used to be the ones to go to for wisdom and problem solving now they are the butt of jokes and the kids run the household.
We need to get the family unit back together as a norm! Kids need both parents and maybe one stay at home to keep an eye on things and impart a code of conduct and morals. Drugs and gangs flourish when kids have no sense of purpose and don't have a feeling of being loved in a family. Kids need to learn to cope with life stresses in a constructive legal way.
Life is easier when it is clear cut.
Think of your grandparents and their role in life. To be a good man all you had to do was be the breadwinner and protector of the family. To be a good woman you raised the kids and took care of the home. Now can those roles be clearly defined?
Same with being an American. Love of country,mom, apple pie,baseball etc. Now we have to be a hyphenated - american with all it's diversity.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 01:21:28 PM »

Come on....you don't really think that Homeland Security can stop the drug problem in this country, do you?  How many BILLIONS of dollars have been spent on this already?  Stop one supplier, or cut off one means of transportation, there's somebody who steps in immediately to fill the gap/find another way.  If you want to fix the drug problem, and I do include ALCOHOL in that equation, you have to decrease the DEMAND...pure and simple.  It starts with the personal relationship you have with your children...period...case closed. About 10% of the population is BORN with a predisposition for abuse of SOME kind of substance (at last count, that would be about 30 million, just in this country) Further, alcohol is the most widely abused drug of choice in the world...think about how many families you know who have NOT been negatively impacted by someone in their family being an alcoholic...I'll bet my next paycheck on that one. Readily available, socially acceptatble, blah, blah.  Don't get me wrong, I love a few cold ones as much as the next guy.  I'm just saying there are a whole bunch of underlying problems that cause people to behave the way they do...the drugs are a symptom, nothing more.  We live in an increasingly complicated world...there are many reasons for this, but the main one is that there are about 8 billion of us here now, with no let-up in sight to the explosion. It'll take care of itself in the long run, but meanwhile there are no simple solutions to these incredibly complex problems.  Generally, if a family wants to have a standard of living equal to those surrounding them, it takes two people working. I was fortunate enough to have a stay at home Mom...those days are over...period...unless people are willing to take a huge step back, have one car, and give up a whole bunch of other things they don't think they can live without, it ain't gonna change.  Life was a whole lot simpler when I was a kid...we also had about three shows on TV, did not grow up expecting to get out of school and live like our parents right off the bat...the list could go on forever. My point here is that there is no ONE solution to these kinds of problems....the dose of morals comes from where?  I learned how to treat others AT HOME, and if I didn't, I suffered the consequences through the back of a hand or a belt.  The foundation of who you are is laid at a very early age...if it's weak, there's only one place to put the blame...hard pill to swallow.  Throwing money at drug suppliers is not going to solve anything unless people don't feel that they need them to escape whatever reality is theirs.

Terrible things happened on 9/11, and I will personally never forget them, but it was predictable.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.