Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Cams, S&S lifters, and S&S Adj pushrods... Completely eliminated chatter... BUT.  (Read 9941 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member

So will the S&S lifter/push rod package work as well with any of the popular cams, i.e. Andrews 54 etc?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Mal, just curious why you choose the lifters without travel limiters?  What are the pros/cons?

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4

Scott, do you think I could get the same results with the stock cams? Thanks in advance. CAHDBIKER

We've been using S&S valvetrain products here for a looooooooooooong time, with the same results as being discussed. :2vrolijk_21:
Scott

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member

Mal, just curious why you choose the lifters without travel limiters?  What are the pros/cons?

From what I read (and I am far from expert), the LT are really more for high revving motors with heavy valve
Springs... Supposedly reduce valve float at big rpms.   I don't need that at all.
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

twinotter

• Full CVO Member

S&S uses the limiters for there high lift cams with heavy valve springs to prevent excessive bleed down which will cause hard starting, noisy tappets until pressure is restored. Normal lift say to 550 or even 575 don't require them if pushrod is set at .125-.140. twinotter

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8

Mal, I didn't notice anyone addressing your question about feeling a difference in your butt dyno with the Fueling 574 cams.

I use the same cams, and I think there is a slight loss of power in the low rpms compared to the stock 255.  Once you get above 3000 rpm, it felt like there was a lot more power with the 574s per butt dyno. 

Recently bumped up my compression and finally got it dynotuned, and that slight loss of low end torque has disappeared!  Don't know if it was the tune or the compression (probably both), but the bike is a lot better now.

Dan

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member

Thanks for the reply lilcoot...  I'd like to bump the compression with a set of gaskets, but I'm not sure the effort is worth a slight gain.   I wish there was a competent dyno / TTS guy in my area.

You're response has me reconsidering.  Also thinking about some changes to suspension.  I need to hit the damn lottery.

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.