Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2012 CVO 110 WITH S&S 583  (Read 6080 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: 2012 CVO 110 WITH S&S 583
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »

Can you tell me the difference between this cam and the stock 255's?
Alan

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »

If you look at the first pull you will see power fell off. Once I was done tuning it did not change much in the higher RPMs. The graph is just starting to drop right where its at.. LOL Thus no sense in spooling it up to show what it will not do  :nixweiss:.

Funny ( unbalanced, its a inside joke guys) HA HA .. Not there yet, but John has a killer set of coke bottles though..  :huepfenlol2:

I will see about posting up the other sheets.. not sure why though.. I am comparing it to what?? to show that it stopped making power..

The cam  works well for what it is.. If you want a cam that makes more power at higher RPM's look else where....

I was not trying to compare this cam to another or have some one tell me about how well something else's works.

If someone else has any real hard info, along with the visual data to back it up, lets see it. Be great to see how the curves differ..

In a nutshell, if you want a low cost , basic kit , run on crap gas, in high heat, this little kit works fine.

It may not be for everyone, however I can say that the customer has called back again to tell me that even in the super high heat, it did not ping. So even with the early close point ( the CCP programs do not tell you much) it works..

Have a good one , stay safe.  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:26:04 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »

The engine was done by 5000 I did pull it past previous to that but no reason to  run it higher. As for running in hot temps,.. well it lives down in the valley. Customer called today to let me know how it did.. Result was no ping and it is running just fine on the 89 octane pump gas. Temp today was 103 , will be in the 110 Plus next few days.

Customer likes the power where its at,  zero cam noise..  Some guys just dont care what the engine does in the 5000+ area..
So a cam that makes more power up there is worthless to that guy..  ... please post a link to those sheets showing the 5-6 and the tman in stock 110 engines,.. would be great to see..  

Is it the best cam , depends on your needs, for this customer ( the guy that pays the bills) it is just what he is looking for.. I did over lay the 57 graph on top of this one can post that up later.. But down low this one has it by a larger margin until the 3500 mark..

Where most of us ride 95% of the time anyway!
Nice power!
 8)
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.