Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Battery Fork Lock?  (Read 2414 times)

jmhenrie

• Full CVO Member
  • expensive oil change

• CVO1: 2007 screaming eagle electra glide Gone
    • CVO2: 2010 screeming Eagle electra glide cvo limited black
    • CVO3: 2012 cvo electra glide Electic Orange/black
Dead Battery Fork Lock?
« on: April 01, 2021, 05:49:15 PM »

Finally went and Picked up my CVO Triglide Yesterday. Took it for a quick spin before loading on the trailer, brought it home in transport mode and unloaded and drove it  into the garage about 5 hours after riding it and loading it.  all my previous Harleys had a three position fork lock and this new CVO has only a Two position switch, which i did not turn to  lock after parking and shutting down the Bike, is there any draw from the CVO fork lock switch when left in the run position?, and the handle bar ignition switch is off?  trying to figure out if i left something on that should have been off.  It Sat at the dealer for about 3 weeks waiting for a few parts and they took it for a 9 mile test drive the day prior to me picking it up, which in my mind should have been enough to charge the battery to full.  like a fool on my test ride i did not check the volt meter during my initial test drive.  i have it on a small charger now and hope to start it tonight and see if i can find anything else. Took the Seat off looking for the charging cord and now can not get the rear lock screw back in i think maybe i will have to hire a 3 year old with small enough hands to lock the seat back in place, or unbolt the tour pack and move it back a bit.
so any help on what may have been left on would be helpful. hate to haul it back to dealer with out riding it.
thanks

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Dead Battery Fork Lock?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 07:12:17 PM »

Finally went and Picked up my CVO Triglide Yesterday. Took it for a quick spin before loading on the trailer, brought it home in transport mode and unloaded and drove it  into the garage about 5 hours after riding it and loading it.  all my previous Harleys had a three position fork lock and this new CVO has only a Two position switch, which i did not turn to  lock after parking and shutting down the Bike, is there any draw from the CVO fork lock switch when left in the run position?, and the handle bar ignition switch is off? NO. trying to figure out if i left something on that should have been off.  It Sat at the dealer for about 3 weeks waiting for a few parts and they took it for a 9 mile test drive the day prior to me picking it up, which in my mind should have been enough to charge the battery to full.  like a fool on my test ride i did not check the volt meter during my initial test drive.  i have it on a small charger now and hope to start it tonight and see if i can find anything else. Took the Seat off looking for the charging cord and now can not get the rear lock screw back in i think maybe i will have to hire a 3 year old with small enough hands to lock the seat back in place, or unbolt the tour pack and move it back a bit.  [size= 14 pt] Charging cord, if your bike has one, should be under the left side cover. Try reaching the seat screw with your tour pack open if you have not already./size]
so any help on what may have been left on would be helpful. hate to haul it back to dealer with out riding it.
thanks

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.