Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR)  (Read 6957 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re:  Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALP
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »

Hi reo,
Like i mentioned above about red light cameras,the cheapest and easiest solution would be to change the timing of the lights so all four sides would be red until the intersection clears.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re:
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 11:08:13 AM »

Hi reo,
Like i mentioned above about red light cameras,the cheapest and easiest solution would be to change the timing of the lights so all four sides would be red until the intersection clears.

Don't let anyone know you did that, the idiots would be trying to treat it as a four way stop and still running it.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »

yeah but it gives everyone a chance to catch their breath and get entertained by the stupids!  [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=joker.gif]

Gives the defensive drivers more time to watch out and seperate the inattentive drivers from the herd.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 02:47:07 PM »

My husband got called into the Mess Sergeant's office shortly after we arrived in Belgium, and was getting an ass chewing for speeding, when he asked what date and time was he supposedly speeding.  He convinced the Mess Sergeant's  that it would be impossible for him to get the ticket at that date and time, as he would have been on the chow line.  So he has to go over to the base Gendarme office to find out what is going on.  Well, when he saw the picture of the driver with very long hair ------------- it was me, and I was not even late for work, just driving too fast. Got to pay the fine and move on.  But, several years later, driving my husband's brand new MR2, racing up to Brussels to grab a forgotten article off my desk and get back home before my husband got off work, I got caught and this time, it was not a pay and release ticket. It was a required go before the judge ticket.  I was clocked going 140 MPH in a 120 KPH zone. We had to ask for a trial by jury - English speaking and knowing how long it takes for the bureaucratic system to work, we managed to leave the country before the trial date could come up.  Did it stop me from speeding?  What do you think?  

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re:
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »

good points all

I have to tell you; for the most part the marked patrol car isnt much of a deterrence...unless you already have someone pulled over...lights and such flashing...
recently i covered a trooper on a stop;
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.