Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that make you scratch your head  (Read 1608 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Things that make you scratch your head
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:56:10 PM »

You know, those things that just make you "hmmmmmmm?"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:59:10 PM by twolanerider »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
Re: Things that make you scratch your head
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:16:41 PM »

Good stuff Don! ;D Were you really that patient with that dummy, I mean DMVI? Was that after waiting atleast 1 hr before they got to you? I thought that was only a Memphis thing having to deal with ignorant government employees. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:25:19 PM »

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of issues like these.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:45 PM »

A good day for D of MV stories!  ha ha ha
I'm a 100% service connected disabled Veteran and in New Hampshire all 100% DAVer's get one Disabled Veteran Registration "Free" as a benefit for a car or truck (not motocycle). Only a couple of years ago NH made available regular Veteran Plates with Old Glory similar to many other states. If a Veteran wants a Veteran Plate or in my case an additional (Veteran) registration plates for another vehicle"s" it runs the regular fee PLUS $25.00 more for every year. The first point I tried to make was there's no way I could have a DAV plate if I weren't a Veteran in fact a 100% Disabled Veteran. That should be a no-brainer. Right? Well not in NH at the local DMV. When I asked to register my other vehicles with the Veteran Plates, The lady asked me for my DD214, so I told the lady that I had a Disabled Veteran plate on one of my Vehicles already so that should prove that I'm a Veteran. She said "NO it doesn't". So I went home got a copy of my DD214 and went back and got in line again. (Did I say that I'd have to pay an extra $25.00 per registration every year forward?)  Strangly enough, I ended up with the same lady and even though it was less than 2 hours, I could tell that she didn't recognize me. I handed her my DD214 and then I was told that Veteran plates are only is offered to Real Veterans. I couldn't believe it, so I left and drove to the State Capital D of MV an hour and a half away and got in line again. This time there was no problem getting Veteran plates, so I asked what was going on whith my local DMV, I was told that she couldn't understand it either.
So, I go to the main DMV and not the local DMV.  
Ps 118:8

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »

You know, those things that just make you "hmmmmmmm?"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »

I love that she thanks you for understanding that she has made a mistake and you must now go about the business of taking a motorcycle test so that you can get your endorcement on yet another licence.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

Don,
Your exhibition of patience is to be commended. Had that been me I doubt if I would have faired so good. I probably would have ended up w/some new chrome..... you know the chrome bracelets around the wrist. >:( I have zero tolerence for ignorance. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] Glad it all worked out.

As for the special at the H-D shop, for some (shops) that would be considered a special. I've known shops to have a part already off, and still charge you book rate to replace an old part with a new one that they have to re-install anyway. Hard for me to understand this, but it has been done. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 04:45:12 PM »

As for the special at the H-D shop, for some (shops) that would be considered a special. I've known shops to have a part already off, and still charge you book rate to replace an old part with a new one that they have to re-install anyway. Hard for me to understand this, but it has been done. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

That's the kind of shenanigans that would collect the bracelets for me.....

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 04:48:20 PM »

Sounds like DMV's are the same everywhere.  Last August I bought an 05 SEEG from NJ.  I went to the DMV in CA, they inspected the bike, took sales tax and fees, and gave me my plate and a registration.  Two months later, I receive a letter from DMV saying that they issued the registration in error since the bike had less than 7500 miles and was brought in from out of state.  They asked me to go to DMV.  I went back to DMV and they had suspended my registration and wanted the plate back saying that I couldn't register the bike for 1 year or until it had > 7500 miles.  By this time, the bike had 8200 miles.  I tell this to the lady and she says tough, it didn't have it when you initially tried to register it and asked me to surrender the plate.  I asked for my $s back and was handed a refund form to send to Sacramento.  I ended up going to JC's place where we loaded the bike on his truck and took it to Nevada.  It took all of about 15 minutes to get it registered and everything is fine.  By the way, I'm still waiting for my refund.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »

All this DMV talk got me thinking so I called up DMV about my refund.  I actually got a polite, knowledgable lady who looked up my file, checked things out, apporved the refund, and told me that I should have pretty quickly!  Being California, hopefully the check won't bounce!   ;D
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 05:05:53 PM »

Don,
Your exhibition of patience is to be commended. Had that been me I doubt if I would have faired so good. I probably would have ended up w/some new chrome..... you know the chrome bracelets around the wrist. >:( I have zero tolerence for ignorance. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif] Glad it all worked out.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Fired00d,
  Ignorance can be cured.  Stupid is for life.  I'm afraid this lady is a Lifer.  She was smart enough to not get in a battle of words with Twolane, though.  Did I say that right?  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 06:02:45 PM »

It must be part of the DMV code in every state to only hire only "dim bulbs" to go face to face with the tax payers. A couple of years ago I got transferred to Florida. When I went to register my vehicles, they said I had to have Florida MV insurance first. I went to an insurance agent but they said it was illegal for them to sell insurance to anyone without a valid Florida operator
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 06:51:40 PM »

It must be part of the DMV code in every state to only hire only "dim bulbs" to go face to face with the tax payers. A couple of years ago I got transferred to Florida. When I went to register my vehicles, they said I had to have Florida MV insurance first. I went to an insurance agent but they said it was illegal for them to sell insurance to anyone without a valid Florida operator
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.