Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Reception on SEUC XM??!!  (Read 6915 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Reception on SEUC XM??!!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »

Here is a shot of the XM antenna installed outside the fairing on a 2006 Roadglide.  I now have perfect reception.  Hope this helps.

If someone could resize my photo I would appreciate it.  Thanks
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:10:05 PM by GregLyon »
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 11:55:14 PM »

Anyone know if the harley xm antenna is waterproof? Can it just sit on the dash in the weather?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 03:22:43 PM by fxdjerry »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 10:40:01 PM »

I have been an XM customer for many years. I have it in all my vehicles, motorcycle, home, office, etc. I always hated the reception from that tiny magnetic antenna. The bike itself can easily block the reception. I ride a lot of country roads, and the trees are always in the way. The trucker's antenna I mounted on my m/c works great. It seems to boost the gain. I can get a clear reception inside a tunnell, under trees etc. Only problem is that the thing is four feet long. Looks like something out of a futuristic movie. Big antenna looks bad, but works great! It can be viewed in the pictures section on this web-site.
Nasty

Nasty, I see what you mean about that antenna. Man, you could hang Old Glory on that pole! ;D Awesome lookin scooter, love what you did to it! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Gordito

• Full CVO Member
  • I know Jack Sh*t
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »

I have XM running on my scoot, and frankly am not that impressed. The reception seems to be fine, but you really have to blast the volume to hear it on the freeway. I can play CDs at half and hear it extremely well.  8-)
2006 FLHTCUSE
Red Shift 575 gear drive cams
Heads ported & polished
Zippers hi flow air filter
Bassani True Duals
Bassani Megaphones
race tuner

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »

I have XM running on my scoot, and frankly am not that impressed. The reception seems to be fine, but you really have to blast the volume to hear it on the freeway. I can play CDs at half and hear it extremely well.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 03:32:38 PM »

MightyMule, playing around with the XM unit itself while out in the sun yesterday, my husband found an ability to tune in different levels of "loudness" on it.  I never needed to turn mine up all the way, although after a few miles I do find that I just keep getting it louder, not by need but because it is fun.  ;-) Discovered new station - 49 - Big Tracks.  Rock and Roll.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 04:48:29 PM »

MightyMule, playing around with the XM unit itself while out in the sun yesterday, my husband found an ability to tune in different levels of "loudness" on it.  I never needed to turn mine up all the way, although after a few miles I do find that I just keep getting it louder, not by need but because it is fun.  ;-) Discovered new station - 49 - Big Tracks.  Rock and Roll.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

If your radio is the one introduced in 2006, that feature make it louder as you go faster and create more background noise. There are 4 settings. I use the highest setting creating the greatest differential between high and stopped volume.
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 02:27:55 AM »

Maybe this works
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »

I am also disappointed with the XM.  We have Sirus in the car and have travelled the same roads in it as on the MC with the XM.  Sirus never looses the signal in the same area that XM does.  I heard that HD may offer a Sirus module to replace the XM.

I plan to pull off the fairing to do some other wiring & I'm going to see about moving the antenna to the top of my padded dash pad.  A friend of mine with an older Ultra and an add on XM did that with his antenna and it worked much better than inside the fairing.

Bill (SklyWag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 11:28:29 AM »

I have had xm radio on my road king for a couple of years mostly comes in great but does cut off in spots. They originally had you mount antenna in the saddle bag but with a passenger on board leg over saddle bag cut out signal so moved it to the back side of license plate magnet sucked it right on and signal much better, also ran the hose over it many times, no problem. Anyway sold the king and waiting for new blue jester so I can transfer the service over.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.