Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sirius Radio???  Any Ideas???  (Read 2066 times)

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
  • It's called Sanity, but maybe it's me that's crazy
Sirius Radio???  Any Ideas???
« on: May 09, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »

Hi Folks-

A buddy of mine has an '05 Ultra and wants to add a Sirius radio.

(he already has a subscription because his new Ford truck has Sirius built in to the radio so XM is not an option).

If anyone has a Sirius radio mounted to their bike please gimme some ideas on radio choices, how you mounted it (ram or otherwise) and if you hard wired it in or use the cig lighter and if the FM modulator is better or the auxillary jack on the front of the radio.

Thanks all.

Later-
The "Rebel"

Cravin

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Sirius Radio???  Any Ideas???
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:36:37 PM »

I have one stuck on my 06 FLHTI, I used the multi-pocket windshield pouch, pop riveted a fender washer to the pouch so the magnet would stick. I installed a sony deck and was able to use the AUX in for the sound from the Sirius (mini-pin to rca jack). I have the Sportster replay which is small enough to fit inside of the pouch, works like a charm, the magnet does shake around but has never came off. I switch it from my bike to truck all the time. ;)

vrod-nyc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 01:38:49 AM »

That's one option and a great one!

Or, you can do what I did and tell your buddy to switch to a Pioneer deck.  Pioneer has an accessory Sirius Tuner that you can hook up to the deck.

This way, he can have his radio (better than HD), plus Sirius, and not have to worry about it.

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

I used the mount that goes on top of the brake resevoir. Its not water proof so I have a tie bag for ran. The one problem is it doesn't crank high enough to hear at high speeds.
 I have the modulator and antenna all under the fairing and it works great. Used it from Florida to Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and back with no problem. I use the cig lighter for power also run through the fairing.
Hopes this helps. I'm going to talk to hd-dude about his system to see about boosting the vol.

badpig2001

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »

I have one on my SERG. I mounted the antenna on the dash directly next to the shield with velcro. I removed the fairing and ran the antenna wire to the glove box. Power is from Cig lighter. I'm able to remove the Sirius from bike to car with no problems, although I do have seperate antenna and power for the car. I tune the stock radio to 88.1 and let it rock.
Bubs pipes
Ness Big Sucker breather
Sirius Sat.
Infinity speakers
Pioneer amp

1998 FXSTC for sale Email me if interested.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.