CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Kickstand for lowered bike

<< < (3/3)

GregKhougaz:

--- Quote from: Robs.Hog on February 12, 2020, 04:44:56 PM ---So I haven't been able to find a wedge specific for my bike. I kinda wonder though if its just because when I do a compatibility check I specifically use the 2011 CVO Electra Glide FLHTCUSE6 as my model (which it is) yet when it comes to the stand I would think that just a reg Electra Glide should be the same (frames are the same right?).

As for a wedge, would it cause the stand to drag at all in a lean? I have been told by a few people that it would.

--- End quote ---
Your bike, stock, was not Lord. So, you're not going to find a wedge in any compatibility search. Have the parts guy at your Harley dealer get you the wedge that was used on the Ultra Low models from the last few years. Those bikes were lowered from the factory and no doubt used the same wedge that you need.

Anytime a bike has been lowered it will have a greater tendency to scrape when turning. Most Harleys scrape the kickstand on the left side and the floorboard on the right. It's not the wedge that makes the difference.

The 2009 SERG3 bikes came lowered from the factory and all stood up too straight when on their kickstands. Though not a safety recall, Harley had us all come back and they either installed a wedge for us or gave us one that we could put on ourselves. It's very easy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version