CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Kickstand for lowered bike

<< < (2/3) > >>

Robs.Hog:
I get the idea of the wedge. Wouldn't that though require changing the footboard angle as well since the kickstand mount is part of the foot board mount?

All I have ever seen were the 1inch shorter stands, but all of them said they weren't compatible with my bike. Now I see there is also one that's 2 inches shorter. (BTW thanks for your guys help).

I suppose to figure out which one would be best I could run the tires up on a 1" and then a 2" pieces of plywood to see how the stock stand works?

grc:

--- Quote from: Robs.Hog on February 11, 2020, 11:48:42 AM ---I get the idea of the wedge. Wouldn't that though require changing the footboard angle as well since the kickstand mount is part of the foot board mount?

All I have ever seen were the 1inch shorter stands, but all of them said they weren't compatible with my bike. Now I see there is also one that's 2 inches shorter. (BTW thanks for your guys help).

I suppose to figure out which one would be best I could run the tires up on a 1" and then a 2" pieces of plywood to see how the stock stand works?

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21:

You may be right about the wedges, but I'd recommend you take Grizzly's advice about asking local dealership mechanics.  The footboard support isn't a part of the jiffy stand bracket, one of the supports bolts does go through the jiffy stand bracket.  As long as you use the longer bolts that come with the wedge kit, it may work fine.  The wedges don't change the angle at the bracket all that much, maybe 5° for most, but extended out to the end of the actual stand it makes a significant difference.  Another thing to consider is how that angle change might affect the stand when it's folded up, the rubber bumper may not make contact with the frame the same way as it did before.  Just some things to go over with that experienced mechanic.

JMHO - Jerry

GregKhougaz:
I did a Google search for the Harley kickstand wedge. There are plenty of them. Pick the one that matches your bike.

Puzzled:
Pingel sells a 1" and a 2" lowered kickstand.

Robs.Hog:
So I haven't been able to find a wedge specific for my bike. I kinda wonder though if its just because when I do a compatibility check I specifically use the 2011 CVO Electra Glide FLHTCUSE6 as my model (which it is) yet when it comes to the stand I would think that just a reg Electra Glide should be the same (frames are the same right?).

As for a wedge, would it cause the stand to drag at all in a lean? I have been told by a few people that it would. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version