Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressive shocks, fork oil change  (Read 2128 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Progressive shocks, fork oil change
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:19:48 PM »

I seem to remember some talk about the SE fork oil. I am having the 10K service done soon and should add that to it. Also, how much difference are the progressive shocks? My passenger is unhappy with the ride, me too, I've been keeping the shocks around 40lbs.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
Re:  Progressive shocks, fork oil change
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »

What is the correct settings on the factory rear shocks?  I thought it was riding ok, one up (165lbs), but thought it would be best to have the air pressure checked at the 20K service.  The tech said they were at 6lbs. and he increased it to 10lbs.  I can sure tell the difference as it is kind of on the rough (as in hard) side.  Maybe that is the way it is suppose to be? Your thoughts are appreciated.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:35:10 PM »

If you have a FLHTCSE the manual is incorrect in how much air can be added to the shocks you can actually go up to 50lbs. Check out this thread - Progressive Suspension I'm about 260lbs and run mines at 45lbs, and this has helped a lot w/the "bottoming out" feeling.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »

I ride mostly one up and tried every air pressure possible on the stock shocks, some rode better, some worse, HOWEVER, no setting ever came close to the quality ride I now get with the Progressive 440 shocks.  I installed the 12" standards and have them set at the softest setting (i.e. one turn), no bottoming out, no clunking and I am 220 lbs.  Like many others have stated in this forum, best $400 I have spent on this bike so far!
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »

If you have a FLHTCSE the manual is incorrect in how much air can be added to the shocks you can actually go up to 50lbs. Check out this thread - Progressive Suspension I'm about 260lbs and run mines at 45lbs, and this has helped a lot w/the "bottoming out" feeling.
I keep them at 45 too. It really is a stiff ride though. and Momma dont like it. I dont want to spend the bucks on the progressives if it isnt that much of a difference.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.