CVO Social > In The News

HD Factory race team

<< < (2/17) > >>

glinkmeyer:
Dose the site your looking at have a race schedule? The one I looked at had 5 races but now have lowered it to only 3. The Bagger races are included in the Super Bike races as if you look at the schedule for road Atlanta it is over 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mark:

--- Quote from: OBB on April 14, 2021, 06:13:24 AM ---Entertaining to watch, yup. Biased towards Polaris? Absolutely. With the announcement of IM being a partner in the whole thing make my interest level drop. Everyone makes a big deal about the Polaris Challenger thrashing the HD bikes. Yup, liquid cooled vs air cooled is fair. They seem to forget to mention that. Let's toss a Beemer bagger or even better yet, an F6B in the mix and see what happens....

:soapbox:

--- End quote ---
How is it biased towards Indian?  If the race is biased, that means it’s designed to favor IM and I don’t see that.  Having a better product isn't a bias.       

OBB:

--- Quote from: Mark on April 14, 2021, 08:11:38 PM ---How is it biased towards Indian?  If the race is biased, that means it’s designed to favor IM and I don’t see that.  Having a better product isn't a bias.       

--- End quote ---
Being The sponsor of the race series sure has a lot of pull. Just rename it to "The IM liquid cooled vs the HD air cooled bike racing series " brought to you by the company with the apples instead of the oranges  >:(

You must have ignored the rest of on rant about inviting the other liquid cooled bikes into the mix.  :nixweiss:

TN:

--- Quote from: glinkmeyer on April 14, 2021, 04:40:59 PM ---Dose the site your looking at have a race schedule? The one I looked at had 5 races but now have lowered it to only 3. The Bagger races are included in the Super Bike races as if you look at the schedule for road Atlanta it is over 3 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Yes, they originally had five races on the schedule, looks like they cut Barber in AL and Pittsburg in Pa racetracks for a three race series for the king of the baggers.

HD can run a 131 naturally aspirated vs a 111 for Indian, maybe Indian should give the HD's a spot too.  :drink:

mark:

--- Quote from: OBB on April 15, 2021, 05:41:00 AM ---Being The sponsor of the race series sure has a lot of pull. Just rename it to "The IM liquid cooled vs the HD air cooled bike racing series " brought to you by the company with the apples instead of the oranges  >:(

You must have ignored the rest of on rant about inviting the other liquid cooled bikes into the mix.  :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---
This is a race created for American baggers, not European or Japanese, and sponsoring the race doesn’t change the rules.  Based on the results of the first race, Indian doesn’t need any “sponsor” pull to perform well.  I don’t know if you watched the first race, but the Indian won because of superior handling, braking, and design, not because it was liquid cooled.  There were HDs entered that had much more hp, including at least one turbo charged HD.  The third place finisher was a Roland Sands Challenger that had basically a stock engine. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version