Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Short ride for me but they can keep that sh*t show  (Read 1542 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Short ride for me but they can keep that sh*t show
« on: May 10, 2021, 04:12:42 PM »

Went every year from '91 to '08. Wouldn't go back if J-lo was gonna ride nekkid on my scoot. Once you screw me, I remember long time. Read at least to the 1st pic, shows why the Mothership may be in trouble. Where the Harley's?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motorcycles/motorcycle-monday-myrtle-beach-spring-bike-rally/ar-BB1gzRrL?ocid=msedgdhp.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

mark

Re: Short ride for me but they can keep that sh*t show
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:08:53 AM »

Help me understand why you’ve been screwed?  I read the entire article and didn’t see anything amiss.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 04:03:59 PM »

Me to Mark. Not sure I understand this. I went to MB bike week from 02-05. Had a great time. I have heard that it has changed tho......

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 01:29:59 PM »

When they pulled the helmets must be worn in MB city limits and turned Beach Blvd into a one way parking lot. Guys having to push their scoots because you could fry chicken on the heads. Not to mention one bike per parking spot........I'm sure there's more, but who cares I ain't been back. Oh yea, not a ride that's WAF. Go on down and spend yo money boys, I'll save mine for Biketoberfest.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 09:20:53 PM »

This does sound familiar now.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »

When they pulled the helmets must be worn in MB city limits and turned Beach Blvd into a one way parking lot. Guys having to push their scoots because you could fry chicken on the heads. Not to mention one bike per parking spot........I'm sure there's more, but who cares I ain't been back. Oh yea, not a ride that's WAF. Go on down and spend yo money boys, I'll save mine for Biketoberfest.
All that stuff was true, But only lasted one year I believe. Iv'e gone every year since 2000 and after the city tried all the above mentioned craziness it learned they would rather have the biker dollar than not.
The city has been "Biker friendly" again for years now.
This years event wasn't without incident though, Their was Real Fear that we couldn't get gas to leave! I have Never seen anything like it.
No gas to be found. 4 out of 5 stations completely empty with the 5th gas station having a line for a mile down the street and a limit of $20 worth when you do get to a pump.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.