CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

Oil cooler fan

<< < (2/4) > >>

Phreakyz:
I added it to mine.  If you sit in traffic in a hot climate then I would recommend.    I saved my stock oil cooler to remove/sell/transfer if/when I trade. 

Scott7d:

--- Quote from: Harrybeerbelly on May 16, 2021, 05:13:41 PM ---Okay so I am going to order one tomorrow.   My only hesitation is I dont want to stick too much into this motorcycle.  I just have the feeling that the 2022 CVO will have the 131.  If the motor company offers a CVO road glide in black with a 131 in black I know I wont be able to resist.

--- End quote ---

A bump from 117" to 131" would be pretty freakin' drastic. It seems like they bump cubes in smaller increments, for example maybe a 119-122 cubic inch motor for the next revision, whenever that may be.

I'll eat my words if HD bumps CVO's to 131" next year, but I'd personally bet against it. These motors can only get so big and they are already massive. Gotta leave some room for growth over the course of time.

Harrybeerbelly:

--- Quote from: Phreakyz on May 17, 2021, 08:48:35 AM ---I added it to mine.  If you sit in traffic in a hot climate then I would recommend.    I saved my stock oil cooler to remove/sell/transfer if/when I trade.

--- End quote ---

Was thinking the same thing.  However the 131 upgrade kit includes the oil cooler with a fan.  Im thinking if HD offers the 131 on the CVO next year it may have a fan.  Whatever I am installing one one my 117, it should have been there in the first place.

Scott7d:

--- Quote from: Harrybeerbelly on May 17, 2021, 05:07:44 PM ---Was thinking the same thing.  However the 131 upgrade kit includes the oil cooler with a fan.  Im thinking if HD offers the 131 on the CVO next year it may have a fan.  Whatever I am installing one one my 117, it should have been there in the first place.

--- End quote ---

Have you considered head fans? I know some people do not care for the looks but a black set on a blacked out motor blends in well. Then if you got something new you could swap them over. I had Love Jugs Mighty Mite fans on my last bike and now my current bike. They flat-out work.

danner55:
Ultra Cool has a great twin fan oil cooler. It is thermostat  controlled & is easy to install. I'm also using the Flo spin on oil filter . The fans come on at 190 & control the oil temps from 210 to 230. So far I'm really happy with their system as my 110 CVO does run hot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version