CVO Technical > Milwaukee-Eight

M8 black cam cover finish

(1/1)

1roadking:
Hey guys, I am having a strange problem with my black cam cover on my 2020 CVO Street Glide. The black finish is bubbling around the rim where the inspection plate mounts. I was in Sturgis and it was hot and we rode hard but I was surprised to see the bubbling on the finish. Has anyone else had this problem?

mark:
If the finish is bubbling up, I’d say that’s probably a manufacturing issue with some contaminate on the surface before the finish was applied.  Around 2009 & 2010, HD had a problem with the powder coating coming off engine cases.  Everyone suspected that was caused by surfaces that were poorly prepped before the powder coating was applied. 

I had something like this happen to the chrome on a 2003 RK CVO, but the cause was chemical, not a manufacturing defect.

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: 1roadking on August 23, 2021, 08:56:18 PM ---Hey guys, I am having a strange problem with my black cam cover on my 2020 CVO Street Glide. The black finish is bubbling around the rim where the inspection plate mounts. I was in Sturgis and it was hot and we rode hard but I was surprised to see the bubbling on the finish. Has anyone else had this problem?

--- End quote ---

Warranty issue, probably not common with all models.

1roadking:
Here is a pic, I’m thinking it’s corrosion/bad finishing job but still interested in everyone else’s take:)

rayson56:
Warranty! Let the shop replace it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version