CVO Social > In The News

Harley warranty policies

(1/3) > >>

TN:
 https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2022/06/ftc-takes-action-against-harley-davidson-westinghouse-illegally-restricting-customers-right-repair-0

Landshark:
It’s about time.  Harley has been sticking it to their customers this way for years.  Renews my faith in the system.

GregKhougaz:

It's about time:  FTC orders Harley-Davidson to follow right-to-repair rules.

SHRADER:
Glad to see the ruling but what I don't see is some type of retribution or penalty for all the years of basically scamming their customers.

I know it would be difficult to try to devise a suitable penalty, but in the absence of some monetary loss they got away with their crooked practices, and reaped the rewards, free of charge.

Maybe it will come after the public comment period or in the form of a class action suit.

TN:

"The proposed consent agreement will be opened to public comment for 30 days, after which the FTC will decide whether to make it final.”

The thirty day period gives HD time to plea their case also, yes this is long overdue but the final outcome remains to be seen. What is interesting is Westinghouse is mentioned also, so this is not just singling out HD. Curious to the amount of comments, cases and such reported to the FTC durning this 30 day period.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version