CVO Social > In The News

Harley warranty policies

<< < (2/3) > >>

Twolanerider:
The right to repair requirements that is part of this proposed ruling and the non-interference with aftermarket/independent supplies that is part of this proposed ruling will, hopefully, cause Mother Harley to relax on the online sales prohibitions and the sales from dealerships to independent shops.  One can hope.

D-N-D:
Wow !! That's big if it goes though !!! I like it.

Hondo2doc:
So does this mean I can use TTS masteetune or Thundermax and not void my warranty?

The Harley race tuner that I have to use for my 131 sucks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Hondo2doc on June 25, 2022, 11:40:47 AM ---So does this mean I can use TTS masteetune or Thundermax and not void my warranty?

The Harley race tuner that I have to use for my 131 sucks

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Very likely no.  Right to "repair" is not a privilege to alter.  Those are not the same thing.

TN:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 24, 2022, 11:44:39 AM ---The right to repair requirements that is part of this proposed ruling and the non-interference with aftermarket/independent supplies that is part of this proposed ruling will, hopefully, cause Mother Harley to relax on the online sales prohibitions and the sales from dealerships to independent shops.  One can hope.

--- End quote ---

That is the best we can hope for. Surdyke is still doing online sales with discounts,  I’m sure there is a disclaimer somewhere about not doing business with an independent shop. The point about voiding warranty because of aftermarket parts is important also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version