Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Batteries - NEVER AGAIN!  (Read 599 times)

GregMan

• ON

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2
HD Batteries - NEVER AGAIN!
« on: September 25, 2022, 02:19:09 PM »

Hello all..... hope you find this useful..... if there was a vote for buying HD parts I would be voting....NO!

Long story short.....

Bought a HD battery for my fatboy.....
Wouldn't fully charge out of the box.....
Because it wasn't dead HD wouldn't replace it......

Why I didn't put a Motocraft battery in I don't know..... the 5 year old one in my RK still gets fully charged!!!! $75 cheaper!!!

I never bought a battery that would only charge to 90% never fully charging......

Clares HD in NOTL, Ontario could have acted on my behalf, but why would I expect them too..... they were the ones that ripped my chrome off my rims taking wheel weights off....and didn't either take responsibility or act on our behalf with HD..... IMO it was their fault as the tool they were using, which I asked to see, was not the right one and ripped the weight off instead of slowly prying per forum discussion....

When I think about it.... i didn't buy a bike(s) that would start springing leaks at 25k miles..... what other manufacturer of a vehicle can get away with that..... bikes are babied, heated garage, overkill on the PM, always on smart tenders...... pretty frustrating.....

HAve a great day folks....

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: HD Batteries - NEVER AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 03:02:26 PM »

Battery Mart.  www.batterymart.com  High quality Deka batteries cheaper than HD and they WILL take a charge right out of the box!

2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: HD Batteries - NEVER AGAIN!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »

That chrome on the wheel deal for weight removal is sketchy. If the chrome had already released from the alum no matter what method used it would have pulled off. I know a lot of car type wheel shops will not guarantee results from stick on or clip on wheel weights. I suggest to saturate the weight in Goof Off Adhesive Remover a few days prior and then they usually just come off with hardly any effort. A tire shop, or a Harley dealer is not going to do that.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.